Need some relevant reading material this Nov. 28? Well considering that Nov. 28 is National French Toast Day, these National French Toast Day quotes should come in handy! That's right, you read that correctly... there is an entire day dedicated to celebrating that favorite breakfast food we all know and love.
When it comes to making the perfect breakfast, it seems that there are few other options that hit the spot quite like french toast does. Pancakes are great, but they're not even on the same level as the cinnamon-coated goodness that is french toast. Eggs? They just don't hit that same sweet spot. As for regular toast... give me a break. French toast truly is the king of breakfasts, and with Nov. 28 being dedicated to the menu option, why not take advantage of it? Make sure you indulge in some french toast today, be it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (or all three... I'm not judging!).
From Leonardo DiCaprio and Ja Rule to Rodney Dangerfield and Steven Wright, there's a fair share of french toast lovers authoring these quotes below. If you can't take my advice on the matter, at least take theirs. No one loves french toast quite as much as these names do.
1. "I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast." — Mike D
2. "I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance." — Steven Wright
3. "Mondays I sleep. I go in at 10, do my lift, watch the game from the day before. Tuesday is off, but I go in, lift, watch film. Then I have French toast with my sister." — Ndamukong Suh
4. "Dip a slice of bread in batter. That's September: yellow, gold, soft and sticky. Fry the bread. Now you have October: chewier, drier, streaked with browns. The day in question fell somewhere in the middle of the french toast process." — Tom Robbins
5. "I once went out with this wild girl. She made French toast and got her tongue caught in the toaster." — Rodney Dangerfield
6. "I can make the best French toast." — Peter O'Toole
7. "I'm a breakfast type of guy. Don't get me wrong. I can cook, I'm kinda nice on the burner, but I enjoy making breakfast. I do it all... Scrambled eggs... french toast... pancakes... breakfast is my thing." — Ja Rule
8. "The things that you did with parents, whether it was spending every Sunday morning with your dad and eating french toast and watching Popeye, or decorating the Christmas tree with our mother — these are memories that help you be happy." — Leonardo DiCaprio
9. "Even if I'm gone all day, breakfast is the one meal I always cook for my kids. I make French toast, oatmeal, or an egg burrito." — Gabrielle Reece
10. "I'm not the bake-sale-mom type — though once in a while, I'll make challah French toast for my sons." — Kelly Wearstler
Images: CC0 Public Domain/Pixabay; Giphy