If holiday parties and all the goodies that go along with them feel too far away for you, then you're in luck, because Dec. 4 marks National Cookie Day. Spread some holiday cheer with these quotes about cookies for National Cookie Day as you celebrate a day that is entirely dedicated to that tasty baked good we call the cookie.
Whether you're an oatmeal raisin kind of girl or a chocolate chip fan, chances are that you have at least one type of cookie that you cannot resist. For most of us, it's likely going to be a few more than that. Cookies have a way of spreading happiness, and considering that the holiday season is all about loving each other, it only seems appropriate that National Cookie Day would fall on Dec. 4. However, as much as you might be spreading joy amongst all of your friends and families this season, it's just as important to enjoy things yourself.
This Dec. 4, get yourself a cookie. In fact, get yourself a dozen cookies. You deserve it, and National Cookie Day encourages it. Whether you want to bake a batch or pick-up some of your favorite store-bought treats, it really doesn't matter. Just makes sure you take advantage of the day, because it only comes once a year!
1. "I like cookies, any cookie you put in front of me — animal cookies, sugar cookies, anything crunchy." — Maria Shriver
2. "When we think of classic American desserts, we tend to imagine apple pie and ice cream. However, the most classic American dessert of all might be the chocolate chip cookie." — Homaro Cantu
3. "Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap." — Barbara Jordan4. "I think the lies I make the most are in regards to my hopes and intentions for myself. As for lies I tell other people — I will certainly tell lies. When somebody is very ill and looks awful, and you tell them they look nice. Or if you just ate the last cookie, if someone asked me if I ate the last cookie, I would definitely lie about that." — Jesse Ball
5. "I was really freaked out when I heard that Cookie Monster was going to be changed to Veggie Monster, but that turned out to be a lie." — Elizabeth Meriwether
6. "I think cookies are sort of the unsung sweet, you know? They're incredibly popular. But everybody thinks of cakes and pies and fancier desserts before they think cookies. A plate of cookies is a great way to end dinner and really nice to share at the holidays." — Bobby Flay
7. "I have a bad sweet tooth. I'm pretty good when I have to eat well for work, but otherwise, I could eat a whole roll of raw cookie dough." — Jeremy Renner
8. "My grannies would both bake things like shortbreads and cookies. I think whenever I smell those kinds of things it really takes me back to my childhood." — Curtis Stone
9. "I've never felt like I was in the cookie business. I've always been in a feel good feeling business. My job is to sell joy. My job is to sell happiness. My job is to sell an experience." — Debbi Fields
10. "If bitterness wants to get into the act, I offer it a cookie or a gumdrop." — James Broughton
11. "Don't expect too much from yourself. What I like to do when I have a day off is make various cookie doughs and freeze them. Then I always have that on hand if I need it." — Giada De Laurentiis
12. "Cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal." — Sandra Lee
13. "On more than one occasion, the camera has cut to me after a break as I'm still trying to swallow the last bite of cookie. Those of you who have thought to yourselves, 'That guy talks like he has marbles in his mouth,' should know that they are not marbles, but oatmeal cookies." — Lester Holt
14. "I absolutely love making chocolate chip cookies. I mean, it's fun. It's exciting. Beyond the fact that I love making them, I love eating them." — Debbi Fields
15. "I'm passionate about anything I align myself with. You want to talk about chocolate chip cookies? I'm not going to open a chocolate chip cookie store, but I will talk your ear off about it." — Blake Lively