Dress Like Lea Michele For A Flawless Outfit Tomorrow
Need a little outfit inspo for Friday? Lea Michele's got you covered. While many of the designer wares that grace the red carpet are inspiring, the occasional ensemble truly stands out due to its creativity and sophistication. Lea Michele has a proven flair for fashion, and for those moments when a regular tee and jeans combination just doesn't cut it, her mix-and-match outfit has just enough insouciance for date night or drinks with the girls.
Recently, the Glee star paired a lipstick-red leather motorcycle jacket, a lace-embellished white t-shirt with distressed, dark wash skinny jeans, and subtle white pumps for a fun, vibrant look — perfect for promoting her new album and autobiography. The singer accessorized with a simple gold lariat necklace and pave hoop earrings. A sleek ponytail atop her head, nude glossy lips and luminous, sheer makeup completed Lea Michele's look.
Lea Michele's outfit probably cost more than a month of rent in Manhattan, but there are a plethora of alternatives available that won't break the bank. In fact, you may find that your high street leather jacket looks just as chic as a Saint Laurent, and simple white pumps rival the more alluring Louboutin's. Read on for tips on how to adopt Lea Michele's Friday-perfect look on a budget.
1. Colored leather jackets are a must for spring 2014, and Lea Michele's vivid red motorcycle version adds an extra appeal to her ensemble. Calvin Klein's Moto Faux Leather Jacket in Zinfandel brings a pop of color to any basic outfit, and the beautiful cobalt shade of Lucky Brand's Harper Leather Jacket is ideal for a summer getaway.
2. An embellished t-shirt is somehow sweet and insouciant at the same time, making it a perfect addition to any wardrobe. Those who love a good crop top will appreciate Torn by Ronny Kobo's Paulette Tee, while more bohemian dressers will love Addison's Sienna Swing Top with its paneled sides and ruffled waist.
3. Distressed jeans in a dark wash happen to be both relaxed and flattering, which seems to be a rare combination in fashion. The Ankle Skinny Jeans by 7 For All Mankind have just enough edge with their slim fit and distressed features, and AG Adriano Goldschmied's Distressed Skinny Ankle Jeans have the perfect cropped length and deep wash for a slightly rebellious ensemble.
4. Wearing a pair of statement heels with a bright leather jacket could be a visual overload, so stick with nude, pastel, or white heels like Lea Michele's to polish off your outfit. Try Aldo's Ediliana Light Blue Pointed Pumps for a more refined look, or River Island's White Pachy Barely There Heeled Sandals for a charming spin on the look.
5. Lea Michele's clothing is a statement in itself, so a piece or two of minimalist jewelry is all you need in terms of accessories. A gold drop necklace like Melanie Auld's Pave Lariat will add just enough subtle polish to finish off your look.
Images: Lucky Brand Cobalt Harper Leather Jacket, $153.99, luckybrand.com; Torn by Ronny Kobo Paulette Tee, $198, shopbop.com; AG Adriano Goldschmied Distressed Skinny Ankle Jeans, $168, neimanmarcus.com; Aldo Ediliana Light Blue Pointed Pumps, us.asos.com; Melanie Auld's Pave Lariat, $86, revolveclothing.com