There's nothing like a good quote to fill your Father's Day card, remind dad how much you appreciate him, and give him some words of inspiration, wisdom, and gratitude. Even if you buy a pre-printed card, or make him a DIY gift, thoughtful words can go a long way.
Check out these quotes by successful men, including Jay-Z and President Obama, to remind both you and dad why he's so special to you. You don't need a celebrity father to have the world's best dad!
1. “I think once I fail enough as a dad, I'll be looking for help wherever I can get it. I just need enough time to screw things up and then I'll start looking to TV dads for advice.” – Ty Burrell
2. "Be a dad. Don’t be Mom’s Assistant...Be a man...Fathers have skills that they never use at home. You run a landscaping business and you can’t dress and feed a four-year-old? Take it on. Spend time with your kids...It won’t take away your manhood, it will give it to you." ― Louis C.K.
3. “A father is a man who fails every day.” ― Michael Chabon
4. "Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope." – Bill Cosby
5. "Lately all my friends are worried that they're turning into their fathers. I'm worried that I'm not." -Dan Zevin
6. "I have found the very best way to advise your children is to find out what they want to do and advise them to do it." – President Harry Truman
7. "It is a wise father that knows his own child." – William Shakespeare
8. "The nature of fatherhood is that you're doing something that you're unqualified to do, and then you become qualified when you do it." – John Green
9. "I thought I would be more inspired to have all these new feelings to talk about, but I really just want to hang out with my daughter." –Jay-Z
10. "And what I've realized is that life doesn't count for much unless you're willing to do your small part to leave our children — all of our children — a better world. Even if it's difficult. Even if the work seems great. Even if we don't get very far in our lifetime." - President Barack Obama