On Marchesa's 10th Anniversary, 15 Of The Brand's Best Red Carpet Moments
As much of a celebrity red carpet favorite as Marchesa is, it's hard to believe that the brand has only been around for ten years. Marchesa's founders, British designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, have decided to celebrate the brand's tenth anniversary this fall in a slightly different way than you might imagine. For the label's spring/summer 2015 showing in September, Marchesa will officially move its runway shows to London Fashion Week as opposed to its usual spot at New York Fashion Week.
"We felt it was a good way to celebrate our anniversary," designer/founder Chapman said. "It will be a different experience. All our English friends and family can get an opportunity to celebrate with us."
And although Chapman and Craig have said that the brand will move back to New York runways after the anniversary celebrations, I'm pretty excited to see the (always) gorgeous Marchesa creations debuted in a new venue.
Marchesa has been a favorite on the red carpet for everyone from Olivia Wilde to Leighton Meester to Emma Watson. The brand's aesthetic is inherently feminine, delicate and detailed — with rich fabrics and embroidery usually making some sort of appearance. To celebrate Marchesa's move to LFW and it's upcoming big anniversary, here are 15 of the best Marchesa moments from the past ten years.
1. Sienna Miller at the 2007 Golden Globes
This gown is Grecian goddess perfection, and Miller's braids are the perfect complement to the look.
2. Anne Hathaway at the 2008 Oscars
We ALL remember this Marchesa moment.
3. Kate Hudson at the 2010 Golden Globes
Feminine and pretty doesn't have to mean flowing and floral, clearly. Hudson looked amazing in this structured Marchesa gown.
4. Blake Lively at the 2010 Met Gala
Everything about this look is gorgeous, and helped put Lively among the fashion elite.
5. Sandra Bullock at the 2010 Oscars
Oh, hello, perfection.
6. Elisabeth Moss at the 2011 Emmy Awards
Simple, gorgeous feminine glamour.
7. Rachel McAdams at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival
Personally, my favorite Marchesa look EVER.
8. Blake Lively at the 2011 CinemaCon Big Screen Achievement Awards
What can I say? Blake Lively knows a thing or two about glamorous, short Marchesa dresses.
9. Kristen Stewart at the 2012 Snow White and the Huntsman Premiere
For the "never really looks that happy, but always remains somewhat chic" Kristen Stewart, this gown works perfectly.
10. Eva Longoria at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival
11. Naomi Watts at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival
2012 Cannes was clearly a good time for Marchesa.
12. Kerry Washington at the 2013 Emmy's
There are so many things going right with this gown. That detail, the perfect juxtaposition of structure and flowing fabric, the embroidery...all so, so good.
13. Michele Obama at the 2014 White House Correspondent's Dinner
FLOTUS gets it right. Again.
14. Elisabeth Röhm at the 2014 SAG Awards
Simple is sexier.
15. Karolina Kurkova at the 2014 Met Gala
And sometimes the exact opposite of simple works too. Marchesa apparently succeeds at all of the above.