Style Bloggers Make Six Figures Now — Here Are 19 Professions That Earn Less Than Them
If you weren't already jealous of big-name fashion bloggers who attend the most fabulous events, have hundreds of thousands of followers on social media, and get free designer duds pretty much on the daily, get ready to basically fall over from envy. According to WWD, the industry's top bloggers are making six-figure salaries. Six. Figures. For posting photos of themselves in clothes...most of which they got for free. Jealous now? A little concerned? Slightly disturbed slash having second thoughts about your college major? Yup, me too.
Don't get me wrong; I love fashion bloggers as much as the next girl. But $100,000 or more? As in, as much as doctors — people who go to medical school for, like, hundreds of years — make? Apparently so. Of course, there's no doubt that much of the reason why fashion bloggers are so popular and paid so much for appearances at events is that in a social media age they're the celebrities of the fashion world. Celebrities who are "just like us." Except not at all. Not even a little bit.
In case you weren't already floored by the absurd amount of money famous style bloggers are making, here is a list of 19 professions that still, somehow, make less than all your favorite online fashion stars. Prepare yourself to be very, very sad.
1. Logging Equipment Operators – $34,700
2. Insurance Appraisers – $63,100
3. Logisticians – $76,330
4. Nuclear Technicians – $73,450
5. Credit Analysts – $72,590
6. Computer Programmers – $80,930
7. Biomedical Engineers – $93,960
8. Architects – $71,790
9. Microbiologists – $75,230
10. Social Workers – $44,690
11. Fashion Designers – $73,570
12. Museum Curators – $55,620
13. Registered Nurses – $68,910
14. Firefighters – $48,270
15. Detectives and Criminal Investigators – $79,030
16. Nuclear Power Reactor Operators – $78,500
17. Hazardous Materials Remover Workers – $42,220
18. Ship Engineers – $75,560
19. Embalmers – $42,750