Fox News: Hillary Clinton Arranged Benghazi Suspect's Capture, Because 2016, Duh

On Tuesday, the U.S. announced that the chief Benghazi suspect, Ahmed Abu Khattala, had been captured this weekend for the September 2012 attacks on two U.S. outposts in Libya. That news, coupled with the fact that Hillary Clinton will appear on CNN and Fox News Tuesday night, has some conservatives wondering if Clinton was involved in the Benghazi suspect's capture. Why? Well, to boost her book tour and her chances at the White House in 2016, of course.

It's no secret that Clinton has been heavily criticized for the role the State Department played in the Benghazi attacks, and if she's making a run for the White House, this is apparently good for her to discuss during her interviews. During Fox News' Outnumbered, host Lisa Kennedy Montgomery said:

You have a former Secretary of State who is in the middle of a high profile book tour. I think this is convenient for her to shift the talking points to some of the things she has been discussing.

Peter Hegseth, a contributor for Fox News who was also a member of the show panel, responded with some thoughts of his own.

I think this thing needs to be tied in a bow for certain individuals to have a clean break from an incident that have become and will continue to be a scandal and an anchor around a certain individual's neck who may want to run for president. What a great thing to announce on an interview tonight at Fox News that the perpetrators have been brought to justice. It's all too near and it's too cute.

Too cute? Hopefully, Hillary will have words about this during her appearance on Fox News Tuesday night. But Hegseth and Montgomery aren't the only two suspicious of this timing. Rory Cooper, an aide for Majority Leader Eric Cantor, posted on Twitter that perhaps the suspect wasn't actually hiding. Former Congressman Joe Walsh also questioned the situation on Twitter.

As Bustle wrote:

The suspect, Ahmed Abu Khattala, was apprehended Sunday near Benghazi during a covert raid planned for months alongside the FBI, The Washington Post reported. Pentagon officials confirmed that Khattala, believed to be one of the masterminds behind the September 2012 attacks, is in U.S. custody “in a secure location.” Officials added that the raid went smoothly, with all U.S. personnel safely outside Libya.

The White House has yet to make an official statement on the arrest. Sources reportedly told FOX News that Khattala will be brought to the United States, where he will face prosecution.