Do NOT Date This Surgeon (Because, Um, Look At His List Of Requirements)
We say DON'T date this surgeon... but you probably couldn't, because you likely don't fulfill enough of his requirements. The Internet is collectively WTF-ing over the anonymous surgeon in question, who sent out a list of his "criteria" for his future wife to everyone he met at a recent networking event. He's a self-described "semi-professional networker" who is looking for the love of his life and he's got a lonnnngggggg list of what's acceptable. Some highlights:
- Spent significant time (>1 yr) living in a city of 1 million or more."
- "Highly functional Type B (not a Type A because too similar, not a Type B who can’t get stuff done)"
- "Skinny (i.e. dress size 0-2, if you don’t know what that means (many men don’t) it means very skinny)"
- "Never does bad things because of values."
- "Spent significant time in another country other than the US (either born somewhere else or lived out of the US for a total of a 6 months or more, not on a vacation, doing something like school or work)"
- "Graduate degree or very good undergraduate school (more compatible since I went to 3 Ivy League schools i.e. Dartmouth, Columbia & Harvard, as well as Emory and my MBA from NYU)"
- "Wants kids in the next 1-2 years."
- "An 8 out of the 1-10 scale — 9-10 is actually bad as it comes with a lot of downside."
- "Caucasian (not black, not Hispanic, not Asian)"
- "Altruistic, selfless"
- "Gets along well with everyone"
Wow, right? While I understand being a little picky about the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, this goes a just a tad too far. Marc Ensign, the social marketer who received the surgeon's email, thought so too, and that's why he published it on his personal website. Apparently, the dude who wrote the email has offered some "thank yous" to people who can potentially set him up with the lady of his dreams, everything ranging from $100 cash to free Botox. There's no word on if he retaliated against Ensign for publishing his missive, but since he's been widely lambasted on the internet, I'm pretty sure he's even less likely to find the "altruistic, selfless" woman who "never does bad things because of values."