When you're trapped in a cone of secrecy as a cast member of Mad Men or a J.J. Abrams production, it makes sense that you've gotta know how to have a good time. You can only snark, punch, and manufacture sexual tension for so long before you've just gotta giggle and pantomime swallowing the camera. Star Trek Into Darkness ' gag reel is finally here, you guys. It's been so long since that movie came out I kind of forgot we never actually got the full thing in a reasonable timeframe.
Apparently, the thing they were waiting for was Star Trek: The Compendium, a four-disk set that includes the IMAX version of the film (for that convenient IMAX screen you've got in your living room) as well as a shit ton of extras. I'd pretend to care about the rest of the featurettes and behind-the-scenes extravaganzas, but let's be real, I'm really only here for the bloopers.
Highlights from said bloopers:
- Zoe Saldance leading a cast of aliens in the "Thriller" dance
- Benedict Cumberbatch, just in general
- Simon Pegg just can't get his shit togethr
- Chris Pine pantomiming over Cumberbatch's crotch
- "Pine, no!"
- Seriously, he's the Jimmy Fallon of breaking in Star Trek
Oh, and there's a whole lot of bleeped cussing.
Image: Paramount Pictures