When you're trapped in a cone of secrecy as a cast member of Mad Men or a J.J. Abrams production, it makes sense that you've gotta know how to have a good time. You can only snark, punch, and manufacture sexual tension for so long before you've just gotta giggle and pantomime swallowing the camera. Star Trek Into Darkness' gag reel is finally here, you guys. It's been so long since that movie came out I kind of forgot we never actually got the full thing in a reasonable timeframe.
Apparently, the thing they were waiting for was Star Trek: The Compendium, a four-disk set that includes the IMAX version of the film (for that convenient IMAX screen you've got in your living room) as well as a shit ton of extras. I'd pretend to care about the rest of the featurettes and behind-the-scenes extravaganzas, but let's be real, I'm really only here for the bloopers.
Highlights from said bloopers:
- Zoe Saldance leading a cast of aliens in the "Thriller" dance
- Benedict Cumberbatch, just in general
- Simon Pegg just can't get his shit togethr
- Chris Pine pantomiming over Cumberbatch's crotch
- "Pine, no!"
- Seriously, he's the Jimmy Fallon of breaking in Star Trek
Oh, and there's a whole lot of bleeped cussing.
Image: Paramount Pictures