15 Red Wine Quotes That Sum Up Exactly How We Feel About This Miracle Drink
Red wine has been around for the long haul. Its roots are biblical, its benefits are amazing, and its effects are... well, you know. Let's just say, if you're having a bad day, it's nothing a glass of red wine can't fix. And for these reasons, amongst a plethora of others, this stuff has been winning over the hearts of humans since practically the beginning of time. So let's celebrate the best way we know how: with some red wine quotes. Why? Because wine's greatness is, dare I say, a universal truth. And because red wine is awesome. That's why.
Whether you're a classic merlot drinker, a spicy shiraz lover, or keep things fruity with a cool zinfandel, there's something magical about these burgundy-colored beverages. From the vines to the glass, the wine making process is an art all in itself, and the results it leaves you with are pretty damn wonderful. Rumor even has it that drinking a glass of red wine is the same as getting an hour of exercise... yeah, that's some crazy stuff.
So take a night off from the gym, sit back, pour yourself a glass of cab, and have a read. After all, if Rumi and Martin Luther have something to say about the matter, it must be important. Cheers.
1. "Either give me more wine or leave me alone." — Rumi
2. "Beer is made by men, wine by God." — Martin Luther
3. "In wine, there's truth." — Pliny the Elder
4. "If we sip the wine, we find dreams coming upon us out of the imminent night." — D.H. Lawrence
5. "Wine makes all things possible." — George R. R. Martin
6. "Wine is like the incarnation — it is both divine and human." — Paul Tillich
7. “Wine [is] a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy.” — Benjamin Franklin
8. “A bottle of wine begs to be shared; I have never met a miserly wine lover” — Clifton Fadiman
9. “The first kiss and the first glass of wine are the best.” — Marty Rubin
10. “To take wine into our mouths is to savor a droplet of the river of human history” — Clifton Fadiman
11. “Wine is just a conversation waiting to happen.” — Jessica Altieri
12. "Wine is bottled poetry." — Erin Morgenstern
13. “There is truth in wine, but you never see it listed in the ingredients on the label” — Josh Stern
14. “Most days I juggle everything quite well, on the other days there's always red wine.” — Rachael Bermingham
15. “Wine makes every meal an occasion, every table more elegant, every day more civilized.” — Andre Simon
Images: Getty Images (15)