It’s hard to believe that the multi-Grammy winning R&B singer we had taped up on our walls since middle school turns 36 on Tuesday. Usher’s been a superstar since 2004’s Confessions and now, ten years later (god, I’m old…), his moves are just as smooth and his career is just as hot. He sold more than 50 million albums, has a coveted judging spot on The Voice, and a body that would make any guy jealous and has made thousands of women swoon. So what could you possibly get for a guy who seems to have just about everything? Well, a Bustle collection of Usher's top fashion moments, of course!
The singer/songwriter’s bold music may have revolutionized the pop genre back in the 2000s, but throughout the years, Usher’s style also was always either trendy and on point or brazenly against convention (anyone remember that coonskin hat he sported on The Voice?). Either way, Usher never failed to make a statement throughout his 36 years. So what better way to celebrate his birthday than by checking out some of Usher’s top trendsetting moments that are just as audacious as the singer himself? Some are good, some are questionable, but all will make you scream for more.
1. The mixed-media jacket paired with bright red shoes
2. Usher's Either Hate-It-Or-Love-It Panama Hat
3. And That Infamous Coonskin Hat That Caused A Stir...
4. His Standout Turquoise Blue Suit
5. And Usher's Embroidered Blazer That I Currently Want For Myself
6. The Clean, All White Look He Sported While Performing with Nicki Minaj at the VMA's
7. His Unfortunate Pinstripe Days
8. I'm Still Not Entirely Sure If He Was Kidding Here Or Not...
9. One Can Never Go Wrong with a Classic Leather Jacket
10. But Fashion for a Cause Always Takes the (birthday) Cake
Images: Getty Images, howuseeit/Instagram