I adore Nasty Gal as much as the next, well, nasty gal. I love Sophia Amoruso, the founder of the e-commerce site and author of #GIRLBOSS. I love the uniqueness of the site, and I love the photography. Mostly, of course, I love the clothes. Nasty Gal represents everything I want my style to be — chic, urban, edgy, and effortless. At least, most of the time. Other times, I can't help but think to myself, WTF?
Although my love runs deep for Nasty Gal, I have to admit that I've thought some pretty unusual things while browsing the cool-girl-chic lover's online bible. Like, are there dollar signs on those tights? And why would I ever wear anything with nine cutouts? Yes, like any other website, I have mixed feelings about some of the items for sale. When it comes to Nasty Gal, though, the pieces I have mixed feelings for tend to be a little, y'know, weirder.
That's OK, though, because I'm sure if I saw someone working one of the less conventional pieces from Nasty Gal as her own, I'd probably admire her fashion bravery and think she looked amazing. That still doesn't stop me from having my initial gut reactions to the items though, good or not so good. Here are 14 things I've found myself thinking while browsing around my go-to online fashion retailer.
1. Man, Nasty Gal just understands me.
Rosé allllll day. This shirt gets it.
2. Seriously, will people notice if I wear this every day?
Nope. I don't even care.
3. Now there's a cutout I haven't seen before.
Whatever happened to good ol' keyhole backs?
4. I hope this comes with double-sided tape...
Wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. Still probably going to buy it.
5. But, like, where are the pants?
Oh, you mean this is a dress?
6. Apparently I've traveled back in time to the '90s
So much velvet and denim. I'm not saying this is a bad thing.
7. I can't seem to find the "not a crop top" section.
It is October, and I am in no way comfortable with wearing a crop top right now. Can I get this shirt in "regular length," please?
8. Is that a poncho or a dress?
9. If I wear a sweater that says "Laters Baby," everyone will know I’ve read 50 Shades of Grey
Then again, anyone who knows what "Laters Baby" means has read it too.
10. What is a “coatigan,” and do I need one?
And is powder blue back in?
11. Some of these sweaters do not seem like they would be very effective at keeping me warm
Introducing the summer sweater.
12. I could totally pull off a body chain!
Well, maybe not.
13. Do people actually wear harnesses?
I imagine this is included when you purchase the Laters Baby sweatshirt.
14. Oh man, My tote now has $663.91 in it
How did this happen?
Images: NastyGal.com; Giphy