Rita Ora Looks Almost Nothing Like Rita Ora in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Picture

Following the release of the movie's latest trailer, the team behind the Fifty Shades of Grey movie has released more character promo pics to get people jazzed for the movie. I find their attention to detail and insistence on really marketing this movie fascinating because, let's face it, you're either the kind of person who is going to see Fifty Shades of Grey or you're not. 90 percent of the people who will see it knew they were going to the minute the movie was announced and the other 10 percent are just Jamie Doran fans who converted when the casting news changed.

But, I digress. The newest photos from Universal promoting Fifty Shades feature Christian Grey's family and Anastasia Steele's BFF, instead of the sexed up leads themselves. For anyone interested in more than just the oh-so-sexy shades of Grey, this picture of Rita Ora as Mia Grey is as good a selling point as any. Rita, who usually sports blonde hair, bright clothes and brighter makeup looks weirdly subdued in her portrait as Mia. The dark bob (with blunt bangs!) fames her face in a completely different way than we're used to and that dress is downright demure. See for yourself:

I'm not saying I don't like Rita's Fifty Shades of Grey look. If anything, it proves that she's a chameleon because I never would have seen this picture and out of context and without the helpful text and thought, "Oh, Rita Ora got a new haircut. Interesting." I would have thought something more along the lines of, "Oh, that's a very pretty woman with a retro bob. How nice, but why am I looking at this?"

This picture looks a little like Taylor Swift's stylist got ahold of Rita, and that's not a bad thing at all. But, as much as I enjoy this look in general and as expertly as Rita pulls it off, I hope she sticks with her edgy/adorable style (which I adore on her) on the carpet.

Image: Universal Pictures