A Golden Globes Drinking Game, Because Alcohol Will Only Make This Show Better
Another year, another awards season. The 2015 Golden Globes are finally upon us, my friends, and it won't be long before the glitterati of Hollywood step away from their mansions that cost more money than I've ever seen in my life, put on extraordinary clothes that are too expensive to make sense, and get together under one roof to celebrate the best of the best in Hollywood. And, since the show is coming up so soon (Sunday night on NBC!), it's definitely worth saying: Though awards shows can be hilarious and fun to watch — especially when they've got amazing hosts like Tina Fey and Amy Poehler helming the thing, like the Golden Globes does — it is a scientific fact that they're always made better by alcohol.
That said, the only logical course of action is to find a drinking game to go with the show, right? Good show + Made even better by alcohol = Drinking game. More science.
However, since the show is approaching quickly, and I know your time is too valuable to be spent searching high and low for a drinking game that's worthy of an awards show hosted by Fey and Poehler, I figure: There's no better time than to introduce one I made up right this second! Just consider it your official* 2015 Golden Globes drinking game!
(* For the record, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have created their own Golden Globes drinking game two years in a row to mark the occasion of their hosting, but hey — you can never have enough drinking games or enough drinking, right? RIGHT.)
Anyway, as with most drinking games, it's simple: All you need is some alcohol (it's your choice as to what kind, of course, but don't wimp out and choose beer or wine, because that would be lame), a shot glass, and, of course, the 2015 Golden Globe Awards playing on your television or laptop.
Sound good? Great! Let's get started.
- Every time a winner gets played off stage during their speech: Take a shot.
- Every time you want to cry because Benedict Cumberbatch is just so amazing: Take 2 shots and maybe shed a tear because I feel u, bro.
- Every time you realize you need to stop watching so much reality television and watch these critically acclaimed movies like Boyhood and The Theory of Everything so you can be as culturally relevant as these people: Take a shot.
- Every time someone says the name of a highly acclaimed movie you didn't actually see but told people you saw just to look cooler: Take a shot.
- Every time you realize that everyone's outfits cost more a piece than your apartment rent: Take a shot.
- Every time someone cries, because WHY DOES SOMEONE ALWAYS CRY?: Take a shot.
- Every time a winner forgets to thank their spouse/significant other: Just laugh, because that's always hilarious.
- Every time a winner pretends to be so shocked they actually won (Look, they knew there was a chance of this happening, they were nominated after all!): Take a shot, and give your best Liz Lemon eye roll.
- Every time Jennifer Lawrence does something adorably awkward: Take 2 shots, because aww, JLaw.
- Every time Jennifer Lawrence trips (It's probably going to happen, OK?): Take another shot, because aww, JLaw.
AWARDS SHOWS ARE THE BEST.