Is that Big Bird on the Paris runway? Nope, just a crazy and nonsensical shoe worn by a model for Rochas.
The entire Rochas Spring 2014 collection was pretty luxurious, with lots of fancy fabrics, Swarovski crystals, and shine. All in all, it was lovely. But these flats took luxe to a whole new level of impracticality, covered in colorful ostrich feathers that wouldn't last five seconds on the streets of New York. It's impressive that the models made it safely down the runway without tripping over themselves.
Here's the thing, though: I love these shoes. There's something so fun about having an abundance of feathers on feet, I can't imagine wearing the shoes without smiling. Unfortunately, though, I live in New York, and sometimes I actually have to leave my apartment. Am I going to let that stop me from wearing my new favorite shoe? Of course not. I'm just going to have to get a little creative figuring out places where I can safely step. Here's what I've got so far.
1. Sesame Street (obviously)
2. A library: the feathers will muffle the sound of my footsteps!
3. My dirty living room: two birds, one mop.
5. In a tropical rain forest: "Why yes, I am a Bird of Paradise."
6. The Shire.
7. Hanging out with Blair Waldorf; she's out of touch with reality, just like these shoes!
8. The moon. The lessened gravity will protect the feathers from the dirty ground.
Cool! That's a lot of places I can go with feathers on my feet. Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to afford them. Unwearable shoes don't come cheap!
Image via Instagram