Burberry's Monogram Ponchos are Still a Hit — But I Can't Afford Them, So Here's Some Other Personalized Stuff You Can Buy
Burberry isn't just all about that old tartan print anymore — customization is breathing new life into the brand. A few years ago, wearing Burberry was all about having everyone know that the crazy chic trench coat you're wearing was, in fact, Burberry. Today, the British fashion house's marketing strategy is all about everyone knowing that that beautiful poncho is actually yours. Burberry's monogrammed blanket ponchos have been flying off the shelves and into now-personalized closets, everywhere.
Reese Witherspoon, in all her great wisdom, once said "My rule is, if it's not moving, monogram it." Truer words have never been spoken in my opinion, which explains why I was so excited to hear about Burberry's Fall 2014 collection's monogram options. Unfortunately, I can't afford any of them. The blanket poncho is something out of my monogrammed, color-blocked dreams and celebs from Sarah Jessica Parker to Cara Delevingne have been emblazoning it with their initials. Aaanndd, it's $1,395. Uh, when my total at Chipotle came out to $13 last night, I cringed.
If that's just a little over your budget, the brand's My Burberry fragrance also offers a personalized option for its pretty, gilded bottle — at the much more realistic price of $125. But if Burberry just isn't your jam (and you'd rather by food than a $1,395 poncho), here are some other monogram goodies that won't break the bank.
1. Needlepoint Shoes from A and L Home
2. Navy and Gold Quilted Vest from Etsy
3. J.Crew's Toothpick Japanese Selvedge Jeans in Hulton Wash
4. Rain Boots from The Girly Twirly Gift Company
5. Marley Lilly's Scalloped Cross Body Bag
6. Wine Cork Holder Initial on Etsy
7. Bandeau Swimsuit Top from The Pink Giraffe
8. J.Crew's Keeper Chambray Shirt with Monogrammed Pocket Option
9. Macbook Pro Sleeve Leather and Linen Cover on Etsy
And only for the boldest of monogram devotees...
10. Marley Lilly's Crewneck Sweater
Images: Courtesy Brands