14 Household Hacks That Will Make Your Life as Easy as That Proverbial Slice of Pie
So remember that neat-o infographic featuring a whopping 50 different culinary hacks to make you the star of your own kitchen? Well, I found another one for you guys, only this time, it's full of seriously clever household hacks. And when I say "seriously clever," I do mean seriously clever — they'll turn you into a modern-day, super badass Donna Reed. Who says staying organized has to be an uphill battle?
Created by UK company Internal Doors (which specializes in — you guessed it — internal doors), the infographic seen here features some nifty tips and tricks for your kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom — and that's just to start. It then ups its game with ones for cleaning, laundry, and organization, even going so far as to include a few geared specifically towards getting your offspring to help out around the house. If, y'know, offspring are a thing you have — they'd probably work with roommates and significant others, too, although your cohabiting pals might absolutely hate you for deploying them. Ah well; all's fair in love and getting everyone to pitch in and do their dang chores, right?
Check out my five favorites below, and scroll down to see the full infographic. Use it wisely, my friends.
- To keep your shopping bags organized: Mount a tissue box on the inside of a cabinet or closet door and jam all your bags inside. You could also just do your shopping with reusable cloth bags, but the plastic ones can be reused in other ways, too (they're useful bin liners for small trash cans, for example).
- To make putting a duvet cover on a comforter effortlessly simple: Fold the cover accordion-style into quarters with the long side is facing you; then fold the comforter the same way. Next, slide the comforter into the cover's opening, grab the two open corners, and shake the whole thing out. Easy peasy! P.S. If this sounds a little confusing, the infographic has some helpful diagrams to show you exactly what each step should look like. Just, y'know, FYI.
- To defog your bathroom mirror: Hit it with a hair dryer for a few seconds and enjoy clear days ahead.
- To prevent your vacuum from sucking up dropped items: Put a stocking over the tube and go to town. No more vacuumed earrings!
- To give your kids an incentive to do their chores: Change the Wi-Fi password daily. Then tell them you'll only give it to them if they make their beds, vacuum downstairs, and walk the dog. What's parenting without a little deviousness?
<img width="651" alt="household hacks infographic" src="http://www.internaldoors.co.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/01/household-hacks-01.png" height="9798" class="article-body-image"/>