16 Anti-Valentine's Day Quotes For The Single, The Saddened, And The Broken Hearted
If you're excited about Valentine's Day, stop reading this article right now. No, seriously, I'm giving you fair warning, because these anti-Valentine's Day quotes are not for the lovesick — they're for those of us who are sick of love. If you're feeling anti-Valentine's Day this year, I'm not going to try and make you feel better. In fact, I'm going to encourage it. Because you know what? Sometimes February 14th sucks.
We've all been there before, either frantically in search of love, hopeless at the thought of never finding it, or completely broken hearted from a relationship gone bad. And guess what else? We've all tried to hide it. But enough of that, because when you're downtrodden, Valentine's Day isn't just annoying, it's like pushing salt into an open wound. That being said, it's OK to be sad, to be frantic, to be pissed on this day of all things love-related. Love isn't easy, and it's certainly not something you can or should go chasing after.
However, on that note, just remember that it's when you're not looking that someone will come looking for you. Until then, go on, hate Valentine's Day, and do it with pride. Love stinks.
1. "I'm single because I was born that way." — Mae West
2. "The last thing you want to get addicted to is someone." — Aruho Marvin
3. "Love stinks." — J. Geils Band
4. "I think, therefore I'm single." — Liz Winston
5. "Love is a promise delivered already broken." — Steve Martin
6. "A kiss may ruin a human life." — Oscar Wilde
7. "Men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong, disposable." — Cher
8. "You can't buy love, but you can pay heavily for it." — Henry Youngman
9. "Being single is pretty good. It's a nice sense of irresponsibility." — Michael Douglas
10. "Love is a trap. When it appears, we see only its light, not its shadows." — Paulo Coelho
11. "I wish I were a little girl again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than a broken heart." — Julia Roberts
12. "You can't give your heart to a wild thing." — Truman Capote
13. "Boys in their twenties are a waste of time. They have nothing to offer conversationally." — Megan Fox
14. "Love is an exploding cigar we willingly smoke." — Lynda Barry
15. "Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don't." — Stephen King
16. "Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren't accompanied by regret." — Laura Kasischke
Images: Paramount Pictures (1); Memphis CVB, fractured-fairytales, Jackie, bored-now, Steffi Reichert, gaLRiad Tan, .brioso., peterm2000, missteee, Nawal Al-Mashouq, Rachel Melton, Ricardo Motti, Ezra Wolfe, Clare Bell, Jo Christian Oterhals, Brent Moore, Carolina Ponce/Flickr