Frozen food is the ideal meal or snack when you're drunk, exhausted, too busy to cook, too lazy to cook, in the mood for something completely unhealthy yet still delicious, or simply don't feel like putting any effort into your food. There is no end to the list of foods you can freeze. Tater tots, pizzas with every kind of topping imaginable, toaster strudels, Eggo waffles, pizza bagels, pizza rolls... there's something for everyone. And, just take it from Lorelai and Rory in Gilmore Girls — these things can totally make a well-rounded meal.
So it makes total sense that there is an entire day dedicated to freezer foods: National Frozen Food Day, which falls on March 6th. You could celebrate this little holiday by binging on every frozen treat you can think of, or you could celebrate it by learning about a few freezer hacks that will make your life easier. Actually, you know what, why not do both? At the same time. I fully support that.
The freezer should not just be a home for ice cubes. It's the best place to store homemade meals or other items to save for a later time. The freezer is where time stops, and food can stay "fresh" for much longer. You should be using it to your full advantage.
Hopefully, this mini guide on foods you should be freezing will help you do just that. If there's one thing I've learned since getting a full-time job, it's that the freezer can be super helpful. You can freeze all 20 of these items to not only make meals and snacking a little more simple, but in most cases, also more delicious. And who doesn't want that?
2. Or you can use coffee ice cubes in your iced coffee so it doesn't get watered down.
6. Mix together some greens, then freeze them in cubes and bag them with frozen fruit for the fastest smoothie ever.
9. Dip blueberries in yogurt, then freeze them for cute little healthy snacks.
10. Make mashed potatoes, roll into balls, and then freeze so that you can eat them whenever you want.
12. Combine herbs with butter or olive oil in an ice cube tray, and freeze to make it last longer.
14. Freeze pancakes for a great breakfast, even when you have no time to make anything.
19. You can basically freeze any kind of sauce to add to your meals.