5 Britney Spears Music Video Moments That'd Be Hilarious Without Music, Because “Oops! … I Did It Again” Isn’t The Only One — VIDEO
Just when you thought you'd seen all of the outstanding Britney Spears parody videos the Internet has to offer, you stumble across something that proves you wrong: Mario Wienerroither's "Oops!... I Did It Again" Musicless Musicvideo hit the web on Monday, and I have yet to move on. I am not exaggerating when I say it is nothing short of brilliant. Wienerroither, who is a sound editor, took a scene from the iconic video, cut out the music entirely, and added some noisy latex catsuit sound effects. I know I sound like a broken record, but it really is perfect. "Oops!" is just one of many music videos that have been altered by Wienerroither; if you want to ensure that you live your best life, you should head over to his YouTube channel and check out the Musicless Musicvideo series right now.
After I put the “Oops!… I Did It Again” Musicless Musicvideo in my eyes at least 17 times, I had a hankering to watch some of Brit Brit's vids. And watch some Brit Brit's vids is what I did. But it was not any ol’ Britney Spears music video marathon. However, I quickly discovered that the power of the Musicless Musicvideo is strong; as I fired up hit video after hit video, I couldn’t help but imagine them without the songs that accompany them. And, according to my imagination, some of the scenes would be quite the hoot without music:
The chair scenes from “Stronger”
- The sound of Spears jumping onto the chair
- The sound of Spears leaning over in the chair and bracing herself
- The sound of the chair clanging against the floor
- The sound of the chair dragging across the floor
The bathroom scenes from "Piece of Me"
- The sound of high-heeled shoes dancing on the tile floor
- The sound of bracelets jangling
- The sound of hair extensions swishing
- The sound of water dripping from a faucet
- The sound of a toilet running
The hammock scenes from "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know"
- The sound of the ocean
- The sound of the creaky hammock
- The sound of dramatic sighs
The dancers beneath the dress scenes from "Hold It Against Me"
- The sound of Britney’s gown rustling around
- The sound of all of the electronic equipment buzzing
- The sound of the dancers discussing how to get out from underneath Britney’s gown
- The sound of the dancers shouting with glee once they finally escape Britney's gown
The basketball court scenes from "...Baby One More Time"
- The sound of tennis shoes squeaking on the basketball court
- The sound of light bulbs buzzing on and off
- More shoe squeaking
- More light bulb buzzing
- So squeakySo buzzy
- Squeak squeak squeak
- Buzz buzz buzz
...Enough outta me. Here's the pro's majestic work: