16 Breakfast Hacks To Make Every Morning Way Easier — And Way More Delicious
As the saying goes, work smarter, not harder. That's where these genius breakfast hacks come in. Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day — doctors, nutritionists, and health gurus are always talking about how eating a healthy, filling meal in the morning can help with your energy throughout the day, as well as boost your metabolism. Great, but, uh, what about those of us who can't imagine a life where we have the time to wake up and make a filling breakfast before starting our very busy days? Then breakfast just becomes a hassle.
The good news is this: not to sound like an infomercial or anything, but breakfast really doesn't have to be that hard! There are actually so many things you can do to make this meal easier and more convenient for whatever kind of lifestyle you have, whether you're trying to make an early morning class or dodging traffic on your commute to work.
And no, I'm not talking about grabbing fast food on your way to wherever you're going (although that's always a viable option if you're desperate). These are tricks that will not only make your mornings easier, but also healthier. I know how tempting it is to call cookies breakfast, and I'm not going to lie, I've done it myself, but I think we can all agree that starting the day off on the right foot isn't a bad thing. Here are 16 breakfast hacks and tips that are guaranteed to make your morning easier.
1. Make hard-boiled eggs in bulk at the beginning of the week
That way you can grab them every morning, and have an easy breakfast to go.
2. If hard-boiled isn't your thing, make enough egg muffins for the week
These are great because you can add whatever you want to them. Get the perfect recipe from Averie Cooks.
3. Make healthy, fast pancakes by mixing a mashed banana with two eggs and cinnamon
It SOUNDS weird, but I swear it's delicious.
4. Freeze your smoothie ingredients in individual plastic bags
Everything will be all together so you can make your smoothie in a flash.
5. Use a Crock-Pot to bake French toast
It will cook while you're getting ready for the day.
6. Or use a Crock-Pot to make oatmeal
This recipe from Foodie Crush looks great, and this is such an easy way to make oatmeal.
7. No Crock-Pot? Make overnight oats in a mason jar or container
They're ready to eat as soon as you wake up.
8. Make cinnamon rolls in a waffle maker
Way faster than an oven!
9. Make pancakes the night before, and then freeze them
Then you have a homemade breakfast you didn't even have to cook in the morning!
10. Use a push pin to make a hole in the bottom of an egg when hard-boiling
This makes them perfectly easy to peel.
11. Cook eggs in a waffle iron
It's a good alternative to the stove.
12. Sprinkle your frying pan with salt before frying bacon to prevent splattering
Less clean-up, less time.
13. Run bacon under cold water before cooking to reduce shrinkage
Because who ever wants shrinkage in their life?
14. Not into coffee? Use your Keurig to make tea quickly
It's fast, and it's not super hot, so you don't have to wait 10 minutes to drink it.
15. If you're out of sugar, use cinnamon in your coffee instead
It's just as delicious.
16. Use mason jar lids to make eggs that are the perfect size for an egg sandwich
It makes it that much easier to put everything all together.