What Your Favorite 'American Psycho' Quote Says About You
When it comes to watching Christian Bale movies, one thing is for certain: Either you love them or you hate them. The man takes on challenging and polarizing roles, and plays them beautifully. But you're always left wondering either why you loved the movie so much, why you hated it so much, or what on Earth possessed Bale to take on such an insane role. The quintessential dark and polarizing Christian Bale movie has to be American Psycho , which is celebrating its 15-year anniversary and has some of the best quotes from a movie in the last decade.
Despite all Bale has gone on to do over the last decade — playing Batman, winning an Oscars, being a little bit crazy — American Psycho is still a memorable role in his roster thanks to his work but also thanks in major part to Bret Easton Ellis' novel of the same name as the original subject matter for the movie and the script for the film. Some of the lines in the movie can actually define personalities to a T, or at the very least, they're perfect representations of how you might be feeling at one time or another in life. If any of these American Psycho quotes are your favorite, it's not too hard to analyze what they might say about you.
1. "Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don’t know why."
Maybe you're the kind of person who knows when a negative emotion is stirring and want to warn people of the ensuing trouble. Or maybe you've eaten something terrible and you know that pain and horrible stomach issues are coming.
2. "I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip."
You've been working for way too long and you're completely sleep-deprived. Only workaholics or new parents can truly appreciate this feeling on a regular basis.
3. "Did you know I’m utterly insane?"
Hey, at least you're honest!
4. "There are no girls with good personalities."
Oh good, you're a d-bag.
5. “So what do you do?” “I’m into murders and executions mostly.”
You have a dark sense of humor, but you can appreciate making light of the things going on in your life. This is definitely a good thing.
6. "I’m at a point in my life where there seems to be so many possibilities. But I’m just so unsure."
You're probably in your twenties, just out of college. Or maybe you're still in college, just trying to figure out what to do in life. Don't worry about relating to this feeling. We all go through at one point or another. This is a totally common emotion.
7. "You can always be thinner, look better"
Maybe you're self-conscious. Or maybe it's not the "thinner" part of the quote you relate to. Maybe you know that bettering yourself is actually a normal, healthy emotion to have in life.
8. "I guess you could I just wanna have a meaningful relationship with someone special."
You're someone who knows what they want in a relationship and doesn't feel the need to picky. You just want someone who will understand and accept you. This quote makes perfect sense and is yet another common one for all people looking for love. Or maybe you're being sarcastic in which case, that's not very nice or you're a psycho like Bateman.
9. "No, I’m in touch with humanity. I’m sorry. You’re not terribly important to me."
You don't have time for BS. You tell it like it is and you're not willing to settle for something or someone in whom you can't be fully invested. You just may not have the nicest way of putting it.
10. "I think if you stay, something bad will happen. I think I might hurt you."
You know you can be trouble, and that you aren't great with commitment, whether that be romantically or otherwise.
11. "I’ve assessed the situation, and I’m going."
You're the best at getting out of sticky situations. You can escape better than most.
12. "I know my behavior can be erratic sometimes."
You feel the need to defend yourself a lot of the time and you probably should just accept certain bad habits you have, but at least you still understand yourself.
13. "I just had to kill a lot of people! (laughs crazily)"
You've got a dark sense of humor, and you might a touch crazy. But hey, crazy doesn't have to be a bad thing!
14. "I have to return some videotapes."
You are terrible with excuses. Seriously, videotapes?
15. "I’m just a happy camper! Rockin' and a rollin’!"
You're a little corny, but it's endearing for the most part.
16. "And though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there."
...I'm a little worried about you.
Images: screenshot/Lions Gate Films (2); Giphy (3)