11 Times B.B. King Rocked Amazing Prints On Stage
As much as B.B. King prided himself on his guitar-playing prowess, he was also someone who was majorly concerned with good style. B.B. King's arsenal of suit jackets and printed shirts would put Liberace to shame. Brocades, velvets, silks — you name it, B.B. King had a tuxedo made out of it in every color of the rainbow.
B.B. King was a blues guitar legend. If you're not familiar with his impressive body of work, do yourself a favor, stop reading this, and go listen to a few songs right now. You'll quickly see why this man frequently lands amongst the top ten on lists of the greatest guitarists of all time. While everyone gushes over King's ability to riff and jam with the best of them, one of his most distinguishable traits is frequently overlooked: His love for a bold, outlandish statement shirt and jacket.
While the legendary musician passed away Friday morning at the age of 89 and we'll all sadly be deprived of his amazing music and ensembles forever, I've gathered together 11 of his best looks below so we can look back and remember his style fondly. Scroll through these pictures while listening to "The Thrill Is Gone," and I dare you not to shed a single tear.
1. You can never go wrong in red brocade:
2. Liven up stripes with a nautical motif:
3. Only a subtle sheen will do for meeting the President:
4. Now these are the 50 shades of grey I could get behind:
5. Florals? For spring? How (actually) groundbreaking.
6. Nothing looks fresher than baby blue:
7. Like the Rubik's Cube of blues:
8. The shirt is like a Chuck Close painting:
9. All-gold everything:
10. Royal purple for musical royalty:
11. A next level tropical shirt:
We'll miss you and your legendary outfits, B.B. King.
Images: Getty Images