The One *NSYNC Song You Probably Haven’t Heard Will Absolutely Blow Your Mind — VIDEO
When I woke up this A.M., I did not anticipate that my Internet surfing would take me to an *NSYNC track from the year 2000 that I hadn't heard before, but here I am: staring at the music video for "I'll Never Stop", shocked that the boy band's song has flown under my radar for 15 years. And not just a song, but a SINGLE, for dirty pop's sake: "I'll Never Stop" was the third single off of the European version of 2000's No Strings Attached. If you purchased your copy of *NSYNC's sophomore studio album in the States, there's a solid chance you won't find "I'll Never Stop" listed on the back of the CD case; For some reason, the track did not make the version of No Strings Attached released in the US.
But I did not know any of this as I began my maiden "I'll Never Stop" voyage. As I fired up the music video for the first time, I figured it must've been a deep cut that I'd forgotten about. I never considered the possibility that it could be a song that I hadn't put in my ears before. An *NSYNC song I haven't heard of? Like that'd happen! What a laugh!
Perhaps you are in the same boat. Perhaps "I'll Never Stop" is as brand new to you as it is to me.
Perhaps you can relate to at least some of the 38 of the thoughts I had as I listened to this old *NSYNC song for the first time a decade and a half after it was released:
- Wait, what is this “I’ll Never Stop” video on *NSYNC's YouTube page? I'm not so sure I've noticed it before.
- The name really doesn't ring a bell.
- Eh, I'm sure I’ve heard 10 million times. I’ve always been bad with song titles. Classic Kristie!
- Huh, it's not in my iTunes library. That’s weird.
- I wonder if “I’ll Never Stop” was the only *NSYNC song that didn’t make it to my new computer when I transferred all of my music over from my old computer.
- That's probably what happened. Otherwise, that'd mean there's an *NSYNC song that exists that I've never heard before. HA! That'd be the day.
- I already have it pulled up on YouTube, so I might as well watch this music video I’m certain I’ve seen one thousand times. Twist my arm.
- Ugh, I wish the ad before the video would hurry up already. I just want to listen to this song.
- I just want to listen to this song and confirm that I’ve heard it 10 million times.
- OK, it's starting. I'm sure it'll all come back, all come back to me now.
- Oh, I've seen thi—
- Wait. Have I seen this? I think I would recognize that enormous green bedroom.
- Seriously, though. That bedroom is the size of my entire apartment.
- Either my memory is terrible, or I’ve never seen this music video before.
- I’m going to go with the latter, because every *NSYNC music video I’ve ever seen has been permanently burned into my memory.
- There's no way I would've ever forgotten about this cool 'n' sleek *NSYNC stereo:
- THIS *NSYNC MUSIC VIDEO HAS EXISTED FOR 15 YEARS AND I'M ONLY SEEING IT NOW?
- I'm a failure of an *NSYNC fan.
- As disappointed in myself as I am, it's impossible to stay upset when stuff like this is happening on my screen:
- And this:
- I’m sure I’ve heard this song before.
- …I think I’ve heard this song before.
- …This is definitely the first time I’ve heard this song.
- THIS *NSYNC SONG HAS EXISTED FOR 15 YEARS AND I’M ONLY HEARING IT NOW?
- Who am I?
- Seriously, who am I and what have I done with Kristie, devoted *NSYNC fan?
- I used to spend a lot of time thumbing through the imported CDs at Virgin Megastores, so I'm surprised the "I'll Never Stop" single and I never crossed paths.
- Where has this song and this music video been hiding?
- Does this music video actually exist? Or am I dreaming right now?
- Honestly, it wouldn't be the first time I've dreamed about a brand new *NSYNC song.
- Oh, man. There was a time I had at least one *NSYNC dream a week, and that is not an exaggeration.
- I can't remember the last time I watched an *NSYNC music video and didn't know every last lyric.
- I couldn't sing along if my life depended on it. That's how alien this song is to me.
- OK, I've got the chorus down, but that's it.
- Did any of my friends know about this?
- If I find out any of my friends knew about this song and neglected to tell me about it, I'm going to be so ticked off.
- Hell hath no fury like an *NSYNC fan scorned.
- I gotta download this song, stat. I didn't know it until now, but my iTunes library has been incomplete for too long.
Images: NSYNCVEVO/YouTube (4)