1. You were surprised by how little it hurt to have you nipples pierced.
2. You only remember you have them when something bad happens.
After a while, your piercings just become part of who you are. Until, you know, that part of who you are gets snagged on your shirt and the searing pain reminds you that yes, your piercings are in fact a thing that exists.
3. You develop a whole new way to put on (and take off) clothing
Go ahead. Think about how you put on your shirt this morning and I bet you will realize that you do what my friends and I like to call the "over and out." You pull the shirt over your head, You pull your arms through it, and as you pull it down across your chest, you you hunch over and pull the shirt as far away from your nipples as the fabric allows. It might look weird, but hey, better than the painful alternative.
4. Actually, your entire wardrobe kind of revolves around your piercings.
5. Your partner knows the dos and the very much don'ts of touching your piercings.
It's a fact: Nipple piercings are fun. You just can't have too much fun with them. With each new hook up comes a set of guidelines on how and how much they should touch your piercings.
6. Jewelry shopping for your piercing is way better than just normal shopping.
There's a certain kind of thrill you get when you buy new jewelry for your piercings. Maybe it's the drastic change to something you see on your body 24/7, maybe it's getting to be around display cases full of sparkly things, but nevertheless, there's a unexplainable thrill around the whole process.
7. Visiting conservative family members means the sweatshirts and flowy blouses are coming out.
8. Those fancy scented soaps and body scrubs aren't touching your boobs any time soon.
Even after they're healed, your piercings just aren't as keen on that lavender-scented body scrub as you are. You learn very quickly that fancy bath products are best for the parts of your body without tiny rods of metal through them.
9. People will not shut up about how you'll "never be able to breastfeed."
First off, that is a proven lie. Secondly, even if I did, why are you assuming I want to breastfeed or even have children in the first place? Just leave me and my sparkly tits alone.
10. At the end of the day, you know none of this matters because at least you look cool.
Images: Giphy (9)