Known for their unrivaled durability and striking ability to keep things cold, YETI coolers rank among the best coolers on the market. While admittedly not cheap, they're worth the investment if you're someone who uses coolers a lot and wants the very best. There are a number of features that the best YETI coolers have in common — I've broken them down below by cooler type.
- Roto-Molded Construction: This is the hallmark feature that all hard-shell YETI coolers have. The technology allows the cooler to be made from one thick wall of plastic, preventing warm air from seeping in through the cracks.
- FatWall Design: This patented YETI technology describes the extra thick walls used to create an additional barrier from the air outside.
- Permafrost Insulation: This is a thick layer of foam that provides extra insulation to protect your cold food and drinks. It's made with high-quality, pressure-injected polyurethane.
- ColdCell Insulation: This is a special closed-cell foam that's placed on the interior of the soft-shell coolers, creating a frosty climate inside.
- DryHide Shell: This is the exterior part of the the soft-shell coolers that's made from tough, waterproof material. It is puncture-resistant and fully mildew-proof.
Now that you're more familiar with the technology, you're ready to browse thorough some of the best YETI coolers available. I've included models below in multiple sizes and styles, along with a lower-cost off-brand alternative for folks who aren't quite ready to make the splurge.
(And pro tip: Most YETI coolers perform best if you pre-chill them first.)
We only recommend products we love and that we think you will, too. We may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was written by our Commerce team.