If beer is your drink of choice, then Apr. 7 is your day. The authors of these quotes about beer for National Beer Day will definitely be celebrating today, and you can too. No matter what type of brew is your go-to, make sure you sling a couple back this early April day. After all, it's not every day of the year that you have an excuse to drink beer solely for the sake of celebrating it as a beverage.
Compared to wine and hard liquors, beer is the ultimate refreshment. It's fizzy, it's chilled, and it's chuggable. There's nothing like cracking open a bottle of Bud after a long, hard week at the office, and there are also few things that are quite as American as it. True, the Germans may have Oktoberfest, but when it comes to America's favorite drink, you can bet it's beer.
I hope your Friday is filled with pint after pint of ales, lagers, stouts, pilsners, porters, and I.P.A.s — all in moderation, of course. The good news is, beer always seems to have the easiest hangover, so if you do get a little wild, hopefully you won't regret it the next morning. Now kick off your shoes and knock back a tall one. Cheers!
1. "There is no such thing as a bad beer. It's that some taste better than others." — Billy Carter
2. "I have respect for beer." — Russell Crowe
3. "I can completely lose myself into just absolutely satisfying things — a really amazing cheeseburger, a pizza, good fries, a beer. I enjoy being comfortable and eating whatever the hell I like. It's a big thing for me, just having the freedom to be able to do that." — Channing Tatum
4. "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder." — Kinky Friedman
5. "Whiskey's to tough, champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gear. I hope this refrain, will help me explain, as a matter of fact, I like beer." — Tom T. Hall
6. "I've only been in love with a beer bottle and a mirror." — Sid Vicious
7. "I just want to tailgate, drink beer, and hang out in the middle of nowhere in a pick-up truck. That's my ideal date." — Ronda Rousey
8. "Beer. Now there's a temporary solution." — Dan Castellaneta
9. "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." — Frank Zappa
10. "If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full." — Dave Mustaine
11. "Beer, it's the best damn drink in the world." — Jack Nicholson
12. "They who drink beer will think beer." — Washington Irving
13. "In my opinion, most of the great men of the past were only there for the beer — the wealth, prestige and grandeur that went with the power." — A. J. P. Taylor
14. "Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer." — Henry Lawson