15 Halloween 2017 Quotes To Share On Social Media
While Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Year's Eve can be a good time, there really is no holiday that even comes close to Halloween when it comes to fun. It's time to get in the spirit of the one wildly rambunctious holiday, and these Halloween quotes to share on social media with your friends, family, and coworkers will do the trick (pun intended). Whether you plan on trick-or-treating, handing out candy, throwing a party, or attending a shindig, these Halloween 2017 quotes are the perfect way to prepare yourself for the festivities ahead.
Halloween gives people the chance to be whoever (or whatever) they want to be for one night only. Whether that means dressing up as a bride returned from the dead or the poop emoji, Halloween is your opportunity to go all out. Even if you don't want to put too much effort into your costume (and there's no shame in that), at the very least, make sure you grab a pair of cat ears or throw on a red shirt and call yourself a Target employee. It's all in good fun!
As for those who really want to take it to the max, take a read through these quotes to make sure you have your imagination in gear and your spirits enthused about the upcoming holiday. It only comes once a year, so be sure to take advantage.
1. “Where there is no imagination there is no horror.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
2. “She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true.” — Shannon A. Thompson
3. “But I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.” — Evan Peters
4. “Halloween is bigger than Christmas in America. I’ve experienced it in New York, Los Angeles, and Washington D.C., and if you’re in the right neighborhood, every house is decorated with spooky ghosts, spiderwebs, and jack-o-lanterns.” — Rhys Darby
5. “I love the spirit of Halloween and the energy that comes with it.” — Katharine McPhee
6. “There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.” — Anonymous
7. “It’s said that All Hallow’s Eve is one of the nights when the veil between the worlds is thin — and whether you believe in such things or not, those roaming spirits probably believe in you, or at least acknowledge your existence, considering that it used to be their own. Even the air feels different on Halloween, autumn-crisp and bright.” — Erin Morgenstern
8. “Halloween is any opportunity to be really creative.” — Judy Gold
9. “Many cultures believe that on a certain day — Halloween, the Irish Samhain Eve, Mexico’s ‘Dia de los Muertos’ — the veil between this world and the next is especially thin.” — Michael Dirda
10. “Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year. I have a strict rule: I don’t work on Halloween and I won’t travel on Halloween. Not for any reason.” — Simon Sinek
11. “We have had out summer evenings, now for October eves!” — Humbert Wolfe
12. "I only eat candy on Halloween. No lie." — Michael Trevino
13. "I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween." — Anonymous
14. "Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." — Edgar Allan Poe
15. "A house is never still in darkness to those who listen intently; there is a whispering in distant chambers, an unearthly hand presses the snib of the window, the latch rises. Ghosts were created when the first man awoke in the night." — James Matthew Barrie
Check out the entire 'What's Up, Boo?' series and other videos on Facebook and the Bustle app across Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.