16 New Romance Novels Out In February To Heat Up Your Valentine's Day
The shortest month of the year is packed with more romance must-reads that I can handle. Even though Valentine's Day is coming up, romance isn't just for the nauseatingly-cute coupled people out there. Besides, it's doubtful they'll be reading on Valentine's Day. But for the rest of us, there's always the least stressful date option — a book.
Romance novels are for the lovers, the hopefuls, the single, the cynics, the hopeless romantics, and even the skeptical. Having been four of the six things listed, I especially believe romance novels are good for the cynics.
Not to mention there are other events happening in February that don't involve pink and red balloons and the discount chocolate we may or may not be hoarding on February 15th. There's Galentine's Day on the 13th, President's Day on the 20th, Carnival begins in Brazil on the 24th, National Tell A Fairy Tale Day (seriously) on the 26th, and most importantly, the whole month of February is Black History Month.
Here is a list of books released during the month of February to keep on your radar.
1. 'Forged in Desire' by Brenda Jackson (Jan. 31, HQN Books)
A bad boy-turned-private security guard risks his life and heart to protect the woman he loves.
2. 'Breathless' by Beverly Jenkins (Jan. 31, Avon)
A successful woman living in the Old West finds love in a drifter from her past.
3. 'Single Malt' by Layla Reyne (Feb. 1, Carina Press)
A seasoned FBI agent with a chip on his shoulder and his green partner fight their connection amid a terrorist threat.
4. 'Dare to Lie' by Jen McLaughlin (Feb. 7, Berkley)
A DEA agent undercover in a Boston gang falls for the leader's off-limits sister.
5. 'Nine Kinds of Naughty' by Jeannette Grey (Feb. 7, Hachette)
Nine Kinds of "Yes!" Things heat up for two co-workers while on a business trip to Spain. But what happens when they get back to the States?
6. 'Under Her Skin' by Adriana Anders (Feb. 7, Sourcebooks Casablanca)
A contemporary story akin to Beauty and the Beast — if the Beast is an ex-con and the Beauty is a stray girl who changes his life.
7. 'One More Kiss' by Samantha Chase (Feb. 7, Sourcebooks Casablanca)
A musician hiding from his past meets that one girl who wants to bring him back to the present.
8. 'Hard Wired' by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell (Feb. 13, Megtino Press)
A one night stand at a convention turns into much more for two internet sensations.
9. 'Royal Affair' by Parker Swift (Feb. 14, Forever Yours)
Parker Swift's debut is the first in the Royal Scandal trilogy. Royal Affair follows a Duke with many rules in the bedroom, the most important: don't fall in love. Clearly, rules are about to be broken.
10. 'Nova' by Rebecca Yarros (Feb. 20, Entangled: Embrace)
Book 2 in The Renegades series by Rebecca Yarros centers on a dangerous snowboarder and the girl he can't run away from.
11. 'Mine at Midnight' by Jamie Pope (Feb. 21, Harlequin Kimani Romance)
After an engagement gone wrong, Ava travel to a tropical island for tranquility. Instead, she finds herself in the arms of the island's young self-made mayor.
12. 'Love Tango' by J.M. Jeffries (Feb. 21, Harlequin Kimani Romance)
It's like the novel version of your favorite Dancing With the Stars couple.
13. 'Till Death' by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Feb. 28, William Morrow)
Sasha Keaton returns to her small town after escaping from a serial killer called the Groom. But when women start going missing, Sasha turns to FBI agent Cole Landis for help.
14. 'The Undateable' by Sarah Title (Feb. 28, Zebra Shout)
Melissa “Bernie” Bernard is a jaded librarian who prefers to read romance than live it. Colin Rodriguez is a reporter hell bent on finding Bernie the perfect date — only to discover that it might just be him.
15. 'Chain Reaction' by Tara Wyatt (Feb. 28, Forever)
When Hollywood darling Alexa Fairfax's life is threatened, she turns to MMA fighter Zack De Luca. He pretends to be her boyfriend, but soon enough, their charade turns deadly.
16. 'My Fair Duchess' by Megan Frampton (Feb. 28, Avon)
Son of a viscount, Archibald Salisbury, is tasked with turning Genevieve, Duchess of Blakesley, into the perfect lady. If only he didn't want to do very unlady like things with (and to) her.