One of the best parts of graduating college and being an adult is finally getting the chance to decorate your own space. Whether it's a thumb-sized studio apartment or your first house, that space is yours to make your own. And surprisingly, back-to-school season is a good time of year to shop for home décor, because you can find some dope Target dorm items that actually look like they belong in your grown-ass apartment.
Seriously, Target's dorm game has always been strong, but these days the retailer has taken it to a whole new level. These days, you can shop for dorm décor based on eight specific style preferences. Target has styled these into virtual 360-degree rooms with shoppable links on their website. Talk about an immersive shopping experience.
It appears college students’ tastes continue to mature because Target’s dorm room offerings are legit nice. So I dug through this year’s offerings to see what we adults might like for our grown-up spaces. 'Cause, you know, why not save some dollars while you're making your home legit? I pulled a varied selection of products from each of Target’s eight styles, from décor to furniture to storage items. Here are my top dorm-to-grown lady life picks:
1. The Kind Of Wallflowers You Want to Have, Not Be
2. The Transformer Of Ottomans
3. A Storage Bin That Doesn't Look Like A Storage Bin
4. Beary Chic Bookends To Hold Up Your Media
5. A Two-Tone Clock For A Little Extra Pizzazz
6. A Geometric Ceramic Wall-Hanging for Succulents Or Other Supplies
7. A Metallic Wall Clock For That Industrial Look
8. A White Geometric Rug With a Little Touch Of Blush
9. A White Stonewear Canister That Doubles as Decor and Storage
10. A White Wooden Slat Headboard For An Updated Look
11. Pendant Ceiling Light That Doesn't Require Wiring
12. A Wood and Metal Coffee Table That Doubles as Storage
13. A Chic Cotton Basket To Store Basically Anything
14. A Desk That Can Be Used As An Accent Piece
OK, yes a typical dorm comes with its own desk... but what about your first off-campus apartment? You can get a lot of uses out of this piece. Besides simply using it as a desk, you can use it in your living room as an accent piece behind your couch or right next to your front door.
15. A Nightstand With Loads of Storage
16. Greenery — No Watering Required
17. A Stand For Your TV Or Any Other Media You Enjoy
This locking media stand can accommodate a 40-inch TV and up to 50 pounds, so you can use it to host your record player, stereo or other media devices. You can also store your music, movies, and games.
Decorating your space doesn't have to be super expensive. Sometimes you just have to look in unexpected places to find home decor items within your budget. Just because a sale is targeting a specific audience — in this case, college students — doesn't meant there might not be some great finds that are perfect for your home.