19 Photos Of Young Carrie Fisher On The 'Star Wars' Set That Will Make You Smile
Star Wars fans, if you're as devastated over Carrie Fisher's death as the rest of the world, you're probably looking for some kind of a pick-me-up. Some way to remember Fisher for being full of life, despite her tragic death at age 60. So, in honor of the legacy the actor has left, let's take a look back on her humble beginnings. What better way to reflect and reminisce, than to go through pictures of a young Fisher on the Star Wars set? They're sweet and impossibly fun to look at, and it's a way to celebrate her life rather than focus on her passing.
As William Shatner tweeted in honor of Fisher, these photos encompass the "wonderful talent and light" she possessed. Despite the actor's anguish over that light being "extinguished," bringing forth these photos prove that her bright spirit still lingers. And, that it will continue on for years to come. Besides, these pictures show the camaraderie between all those who worked on the Star Wars sets, making the cast, crew, and fandom feel like an extended family more than ever.
As an homage to both Fisher and her portrayal Princess Leia, here are pictures of the actor, rom the Star Wars sets, in her youth:
1. Carrie Having Some Downtime With C-3PO
A perfect candid.
2. And With C-3PO Staring Right Into The Camera
Probably in awe of Fisher, as are we all.
3. This Adorable Cuddle Session Between A Plain Clothes Leia And Chewie
5. An Incomparable Action Shot
Just a little slice of behind-the-scenes movie magic.
6. Brother-Sister Bonding Time
A picture most definitely worth a thousand words.
7. Princess Leia Looking At Han Solo Like He Hung The Moon
The galaxy's best couple.
8. The Terrific Trio Just Hanging Out
Over a glass of fruit punch.
9. Carrie Taking Direction From George Lucas
No big deal.
10. A Family Pic That Would've Even Made Darth Vader Proud
So stinkin' cute.
11. Oh, And These Too
Luke and Leia <3.
12. Carrie & Mark Hamill Not Taking Their Stunts Too Seriously
It's obvious that the great rapport between the actors behind the scenes bled onto the screen in the best way.
13. As It Turns Out, Even Badass Princesses Get Tired, Too
Keeping the galaxy from ruin is exhausting.
14. This Is Just The Cutest
Little did Billy Dee Williams know that he'd be immortalized in a set photo, drinking a cup of coffee, as his co-star squealed with glee.
15. Carrie Trying To Be Super Low Key
Always awesome and unfailingly unique.
16. These Vintage Polaroid Shots Show Off Carrie's Beauty
17. Princess Leia Kicking Back With A Soda
So nonchalant in her space outfit.
18. More On Set Snuggles With The Cast
The cast clearly cared for one another.
19. Finally, I Leave You With This Stormtrooper Snap
Because it just goes to show how much everyone loved her, no matter what.
As these pictures show, Carrie Fisher's force is still with us.