29 "Trump Impeachment Party" Memes To Get You Through The Week
The country is approaching the one-month anniversary of Donald Trump's inauguration as president, but it feels more like the 10-year anniversary. If I tried to recount all of the issues plaguing the still-new administration, I wouldn't even get to the point of this article: which is, by the way, the Trump Impeachment Party memes that are now erupting all over Twitter.
Yes, we're not even a month in, and it's already gotten to this point. There's the incessant lying to the public on matters big and small; the blatant disrespect from the presidency towards the judicial branch; and, of course, the shadowy and as yet unexplained connections between Russia and the Trump administration. Oh, and did I mention Trump's potential violations of the Emoluments clause? Because there's that, too.
Well, as if you didn't already see this coming, Twitter has started to put things together. And when these are the issues dogging a presidency at this point, it becomes clear that it's never too early to call for the president's impeachment. And more importantly, it's never too early to start thinking about how exactly a Trump impeachment party would make you feel, and react. The last year or so has been a bit of a trial for everyone — and in these memes, you'll find at least the beginnings of some catharsis.
1. Just The Idea Puts A Smile On Your Face
2. Running The Presidency Like A Reality Show Has Its Drawbacks
5. It Was Only A Matter Of Time Before Russia Appeared
6. Let's Test Those Alternative Facts
7. The Impeachment Party Takes All Reasons Into Account
8. Speaking Of The Hair...
9. I'd Go Just For The Swag
11. Maybe This Will Be Trump's Face At The Party Too
14. The Beyoncé Entrances Are Plentiful
15. There's Only One Place To Buy Your Outfit
17. Let's Take Just A Minute To Be Serious
18. There Are, Let's Say, Some Downsides
19. It Could Be Only A Matter Of Time
20. Ideally This Will Happen Soon
William Henry Harrison died of pneumonia on his 32nd day as president, so his record will probably stand... unless we hurry.
21. Guys, I'm Not Sure If He Gets It
24. Napoleon Dynamite Is Always Ready With A Good Response
25. Not That I Support Gambling, But...
29. This Has Got To Happen
I want to see this moment so badly.
Yes, I know there's a long way to go before there's even the remote chance of a Trump impeachment happening. And I know that Pence would be in the next in line. And I know it would not be a great moment for the country. But just for a minute, #TrumpImpeachmentParty has given me a sliver of hope.