45 Incredible Temporary Tattoos That You Can Buy Right Now
Conjuring up a fantastic idea for a tattoo design is one thing, but actually going through with getting inked for real is a whole different story. If you're the kind of person who doesn't want to commit, temporary transfer tattoos are a great way to experiment with a range of different shapes and styles without doing anything drastic.
There's no real starting point in the realm of fake tats, as you can pretty much find in a whole array of weird and wonderful places. Going online is your best bet if you're not feeling like leaving the house any time soon, as a quick Google search will amass a seemingly endless list of results. However, if you're after something that doesn't require having to pay nearly double the cost of a tattoo sheet for postage then many of your local fashion retailers, or even your nearby grocery and drugstores, are potential goldmines to find your own completely artificial sick new ink.
With that said, here are a bountiful collection of fabulous temporary finds that would look totally cool as part of your look. And if they don't — well, they're not going to be there forever.
1. Adorable Traditional Illustrations
Definitely one to cop if you're after something a little kitschy yet still inspired by traditional designs.
2. DIY Paint My Petal Watercolor Roses
These nifty little temporary tattoos come in separate layers, meaning that you can build up the color and line work as you wish.
3. Geometric Nature Inspired Designs
Some gorgeous kaleidoscopic butterflies that are perfect for parties, festivals and celebrations.
4. Better Than A Hickey
Presumably easier to remove, too.
5. Something To "Tern" Heads
A revamped version of the old school swallow tattoos.
6. Probably NSFW
Your mother would be mortified.
7. For When You're Feeling Fruity
These delicious temporary tattoos by Kate Broughton are almost good enough to eat. Although, don't do that.
8. When You Low Key Want To Steal Kat Von D's Style
Now you can try it out without getting your face inked or drawing it on badly with liquid eyeliner before smudging it all away every time you touch your face.
9. Keeping It Sweet
Easier than getting inked by a baby.
10. Something Chic And Simple
Some nearly instant, metallic glamour.
11. Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking
No, but really.
12. Yes, Another
For when you low key love a good anchor design but don't want to let on.
13. One For The Ailurophiles
The best way to proclaim to the world that you truly love cats.
14. Butterflies In Your Stomach, On Your Face, Under Your Arm...
Or just about anywhere really.
15. Classic And Colorful
It's almost too real.
16. Flash Sheets To Rival The Real Thing
The hardest thing about choosing from a flash sheet is wondering which one to get inked, but when they aren't permanent you can totally have them all.
17. Perennials For Your Favourite Millennials
Or anyone else for that matter. Sorry, it rhymed.
18. Something A Little Different
It's not all flowers and anchors.
19. When Origami Is Life
Or even if it isn't, really.
20. Teeny Tiny Designs For Your Hands And Nails
21. One To Show Off Your Night Owl Status
Or just because the moon is otherworldly pretty.
22. Who Doesn't Like Pizza?
23. It's A Tattoo Of Eve, Not A Tattoo Of Steve
Lovin' the roses, hun.
24. Shock Your Parents With This Temporary Thunderbolt
Unless they're tattoo friendly, in which case they'd probably just say it's cool.
25. When You're Nearly As Strange And Unusual As Lydia Deetz
26. Ride Or Die Harry Potter Fans Should Totally Get On This
It's wingardium leviosa, not wingardium leviosar!
For people who just love to snack.
28. When You Believe
We aren't alone out here, I mean, with wanting these tattoos.
29. Because Self Care Is The Most Important Thing
30. There's A Glitch In The Matrix
This is presumably what a mirage would look like.
Shout out to everyone who also has an affinity for the sparkle emoji.
32. Unicorns Exist
At least they can do, temporarily on your skin.
33. If Traditional Designs Just Don't Do It For You
So artsy, so chic.
34. These Could Definitely Be Mistaken For The Real Thing
There's something about the shading that makes them so realistic.
35. Because Love Knows No Gender
Once again, O-Mighty totally come through with these sex positive fake tattoos.
36. This Charming Man Is Suitable For All The Smiths Fans
Even if you haven't got a stitch to wear, you can quickly wow any any fellow fans with this Morrissey inspired illustration.
37. When You're Unsure What The Future Holds
Or just really like moons. Like, really.
Intimidate your enemies with these bad boys.
39. Found Him!
Waldo is always where you'd least expect.
40. Like The Original Thing, But Cuter
Although that mermaid doesn't look too impressed.
41. Where's Mulder And Scully When You Need Them?
*Need them to help apply this glorious UFO transfer.
42. Art Enthusiasts, We've Got You
A painting on your body with no body paint necessary.
43. Create A Fake Inked Sleeve
Starting with this masked goth figure.
44. The Best Option For Those Who Can't Decide
If you really can't decide on a pre-existing design, you can always send your own drawings and photos to this Etsy.
45. Other Than This One Which You Can DIY At Home
Knock up your own custom made temporary tattoo designs and print them off at home using this special paper.
And unlike the real deal, you won't need to go through a painful removal process if you change your mind at last minute. Either the transfer will peel off naturally due to wear or you can gently take them off using baby oil and a cotton pad. Win, win!