Somehow it's already April, and Easter is upon us! If you're planning on celebrating the holiday, rounded up below are 12 Easter quotes to share with your friends and family this Sunday. Whether you're celebrating Easter as a religious holiday or in a secular manner, the wide range of quotes you'll find below should include something fitting. Some of these quotes are serious, some comical, and some inspiring.
For Christians, Easter celebrates the rising of Christ from the grave three days after his crucification. Even if you don't subscribe to this belief, there is an overbearing sense of renewal interwoven with the secular holiday of Easter as well, and that's something that we can probably all use come the end of winter and beginning of spring.
As the weather begins to change, why not let ourselves change as well? Easter is symbolic of rebirth and all that it entails. Even if you're spending your Easter Sunday eating too many Peeps (microwave or sans microwave) and hiding Easter eggs for all the littles in your life, take some time to read over these 12 Easter quotes and embark on some self-discovery. Gandhi, Pope John Paul II, and Amy Sedaris will help you out with that.
1. "Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life." — Janine di Giovanni
2. "Easter is very important to me, it's a second chance." — Reba McEntire
3. "A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act." — Mahatma Gandhi
4. "People respond when you tell them there is a great future in front of you, you can leave your past behind." — Joel Osteen
5. "It is the hour to rend thy chains, the blossom time of souls." — Katharine Lee Bates
6. "Here's the problem with Easter. The Catholic Church needs to pick a date because it keeps moving. And I think the reason they always have Easter moving to different dates is to catch us." — Denis Leary
7. "Let every man and woman count himself immortal. Let him catch the revelation of Jesus in his resurrection. Let him say not merely, 'Christ is risen,' but 'I shall rise.'" — Phillips Brooks
8. "Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song." — Pope John Paul II
9. "My mom used to say that Greek Easter was later because then you get stuff cheaper." — Amy Sedaris
10. "I think we need to do some deep soul searching about what's important in our lives and renew our spirit and our spiritual thinking, whether it's through faith-based religion or just through loving nature or helping your fellow man." — Louie Schwartzberg
11. "Here is the amazing thing about Easter; the Resurrection Sunday for Christians is this, that Christ in the dying moments on the cross gives us the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible." — T. D. Jakes
12. "A rebirth out of spiritual adversity causes us to become new creatures." — James E. Faust
Images: Annie Spratt/Unsplash; Giphy