If you're in New Orleans on Tuesday, Feb. 28 this year, I'm super jealous — your Mardi Gras celebration is going to be lit. If you're not, then these funny Mardi Gras quotes to share on Facebook will be your best companion on Fat Tuesday. You can still get in the spirit of Mardi Gras without dancing your way down the streets of the French Quarter, and these quotes are guaranteed to help you get the job done. Even if you have no plans for the day, that doesn't have to stop you from enjoying it.
It's easy to crack a joke or two when it comes to Mardi Gras, and some of the best go at it below, including Jay Leno, Louis Armstrong, and Mark Twain. Whether it's a classic joke or making light of the fact that Mardi Gras basically defines New Orleans during the month of February, all of hilarious jokes below are bound to make you smile.
Get yourself some colorful plastic beads, pour yourself a drink, and take a nice, leisurely scroll through all 12 of these funny Mardi Gras quotes. Once you've finished laughing, share your favorites with all of your friends and family this Fat Tuesday. Facebook is always in need of some good humor, so share the joy on Feb. 28.
1. "Not even Katrina could stop Mardi Gras." — Tony Scott
2. "I started making calls a week after Katrina. The captains all said the same thing: you can take away our homes, but you can't take away our Mardi Gras." — Arthur Hardy
3. "I think Mardi Gras is a symbol that we're down but not out." — Arthur Hardy
4. "Normally, Mardi Gras is when we make all our money to pay our taxes and back bills." — Earl Bernhardt
5. "There's a thing I've dreamed of all my life, and I'll be damned if it don't look like it's about to come true — to be king of the Zulu's parade. After that, I'll be ready to die." — Louis Armstrong
6. “Mardi Gras, baby. Mardi Gras. Time when all manner of weird shit cuts loose and parties down.” ― Sherrilyn Kenyon
7. "It's a great party, and anyone who doesn't enjoy Mardi Gras is not of this world." — Franklin Alvarado
8. "It has been said that a Scotchman has not seen the world until he has seen Edinburgh; and I think that I may say that an American has not seen the United States until he has seen Mardi Gras in New Orleans." — Mark Twain
9. "If no tourists came, we'd still have Mardi Gras. Mardi Gras is a state of mind." — Ed Muniz
10. "A great, wild, adult thing to see is the costume competition in front of the bar Oz on Bourbon early morning on Fat Tuesday." — Bryan Batt
11. "It's Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Everybody has Mardi Gras fever. I was watching the 'Today' show earlier today and Tom Cruise was lecturing Matt Lauer about jambalaya." — David Letterman