Mothers get a special day in May, and fathers have their own day in June, but what about grandparents? Yes, they get to have their own day of celebration too, and what better way to observe it than posting a tribute on social media? These 14 Grandparents Day quotes to post for Instagram captions are the perfect accompanying words for your cropped, filtered, and hashtagged images on Sept. 10. Whether you're looking for something humorous, thoughtful, or from the perspective of a grandparent, these quotes will be of some major assistance to pay tribute to Nana and Pop (or Grandma and Grandpa, or what have you).
While children and parents tend to butt heads from time to time (it's only natural), children and their grandparents have a completely different relationship. For many people, it's the grandparent's job to love, not to discipline, and that often leads to the building of a special bond between grandparent and grandchild. Your grandparents more likely than not changed your diapers and took you out for Friendly's when you were a wee tot; as an adult, you're probably very aware of just how special your grandparents are. Who wouldn't want to have a day to celebrate that?
Let the world know how much you love and appreciate your grandparents by sharing these quotes on your social media accounts. Sometimes it's hard to put into words just how much you love somebody who's always been there for you, which is why, in this case, Rudy Giuliana, Linda Henley, and Louisa May Alcott can do it on your behalf. Your Instagram photo may be worth a thousand words, but these quotes are worth so much more than their word count. Just take a read through these 14 quotes if you don't believe me.
1. "What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies." — Rudy Giuliani
2. "The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy." — Sam Levenson
3. "Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete." — Marcy DeMaree
4. "It is one of nature’s ways that we often feel closer to distant generations than to the generation immediately preceding us." — Igor Stravinsky
5. "A house needs a grandma in it." — Louisa May Alcott
6. "What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars’ worth of pleasure." — Gene Perret
7. "If God had intended us to follow recipes, He wouldn’t have given us grandmothers." — Linda Henley
8. "Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends — and hardly ever our own grown children." — Ruth Goode
9. "Never have children, only grandchildren." — Gore Vidal
10. "A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world." — Charles and Ann Morse
11. "Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends." — Allan Frome
12. "When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window." — Ogden Nash
13. "Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric." — Pam Brown
14. "It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace." — Christopher Morley