It can be hard to find genuinely delicious meals when you're traveling, and I know from personal experience that getting any food into your mouth while on the road is a win. However, Hyatt's heard your pleas for help: Hyatt Place has introduced new Build Your Own Breakfast Bowls to make your morning a little less hectic (and a lot more delicious). "With the customizable breakfast bowls and Oikos nonfat Greek yogurt parfaits, guests are sure to find the right balance to fit their morning routine," a press release from Hyatt Place noted.
The expanded breakfast offering is part of the company's "You’ve Come Too Far to Settle Now” platform, and the new bowls were celebrated last week with the first-ever #WhySettle Battle of the Breakfast Bowls cooking contest hosted and judged by Katie Lee, American cookbook author, host of Cooking Channel’s Beach Bites and co-host of Food Network’s The Kitchen.
"I love breakfast, I am always excited to have a good breakfast, and I love the idea of this Why Settle campaign because why should you settle for a boring breakfast when you can have something fun?" Lee told Bustle. "It’s a great way to start your day; it’s like getting out of bed on the right side. So Hyatt Place had this idea for a build your own breakfast bowl, and Greek yogurt parfaits. I like anything that’s customizable, especially when I’m traveling.”
According to Hyatt Place, five student chefs from the Institute of Culinary Education were invited to create the next iteration of the Hyatt Place Build Your Own Breakfast Bowls — in under 30 minutes. Submissions were evaluated by a panel of judges including Lee; Chef Mark Krystopa, director of culinary operations for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House; and Ksenia Avdulova, founder of @BreakfastCriminals, a digital platform dedicated to starting your day right.
Though the competition was fierce, the winner of the Battle of the Breakfast Bowl off was the Nomad Bowl, created by Brooke DiResta. The Nomad features a soft-boiled cage-free egg, toasted ancient grains with kale, sausage crumbles, and charred lemony asparagus ribbons. In addition to winning the coveted title of #WhySettle Breakfast Bowl Champion, DiResta also received $10,000 to continue pursuing her culinary passion, and a free three-night stay at any Hyatt Place hotel in the U.S. where she can enjoy a selection of the bowls each morning at breakfast.
Additionally, DiResta’s winning creation will inspire a breakfast bowl offering that will appear on the 2018 Hyatt Place Build Your Own Breakfast Bowls menu at Hyatt Place hotels across the U.S. and Canada, Hyatt Place noted in the press release.
Hungry yet? Here are the bowls currently available, though the offerings vary depending on which day of the week it is.
- Classic American Bowl: Cage-free eggs, all-natural bacon or sausage, and a sweet side of pancakes, or waffles.
- Southern Comfort Bowl: Cage-free eggs topped with southern skillet potatoes, sausage gravy, and hot sauce.
- Little Italy Bowl: Cage-free eggs topped with roasted parmesan potatoes, all-natural sausage links, and tomato bruschetta.
- California Dreamin’ Bowl: Cage-free eggs topped with ancient grain and kale blend, all-natural bacon, and avocado salsa.
- Burrito Bowl: Cage-free eggs topped with roasted corn and black beans, oven-roasted sausage and potatoes, salsa, and lime crema.
- Bananas Foster Parfait: Oikos nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt topped with bananas Foster compote, and caramel.
- Tangy Berry Bliss Parfait: Oikos nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt topped with berry compote, and French toast croutons.
Brb, booking a trip now.