Inspiring Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes To Share On Facebook In 2017
In need of a little hope this year? If so, these 12 inspiring Martin Luther King Jr. Day quotes will be of service. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s words are wise, insightful, and hold meaning even decades later, and spending a few minutes to read through these quotes is a wonderful way to remember the man and what he stood for this Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Dr. King was a man who inspired millions, and he continues to do so today with his writings, speeches, and quotations. In a world that is constantly dealing with race issues, a man like Dr. King is not only an asset, but a necessity if we want to truly turn the world into a better place. While Dr. King is sadly no longer with us, his words do continue to live on, and we can help that cause by sharing his quotes regularly.
This Jan. 16, post one or two of these inspiring Martin Luther King Jr. Day quotes on your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. There are infinite ways to help carry out Dr. King's dream for this country, and sharing his powerful words of wisdom is one simple way to do that.
1. "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend."
2. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
3. "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."
4. "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
5. "A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus."
6. "Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better."
7. "The quality, not the longevity, of one's life is what is important."
8. "I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."
9. "We are not makers of history. We are made by history."
10. "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
11. "The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character — that is the goal of true education."
12. "We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now."
Images: Getty Images; Giphy