International Cat Day Quotes That Will Help You Celebrate Your Feline Bestie
If you're a cat person, then mark your calendar for Aug. 8, which is International Cat Day. In order to help you celebrate your favorite furry friends, I've rounded up quotes about cats for International Cat Day that cover all the reasons why cats are the best. From quotes by Charles Dickens to Ernest Hemingway, you'll find some serious cat lovers in this crowd of authors below.
Forewarning, if you're a dog person, you probably just won't get these quotes. There's something about kitties that's wildly independent, sweet, and at times snooty. And for us cat lovers, that exactly why we fall for them every time. A further benefit of owning cats? Aside from their amazing companionship, they're just so easy to take care of. Forget walking an animal at six in the morning, when you can just set up a litter box and call it a day.
For those of you who have cats, take a read through these cat quotes and share them with all your fellow feline fans. Whether it's Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, you're bound to get quite a few likes by posting one of these quotes. If you don't, well, you probably have too many friends with dogs.
1. “Cats choose us; we don’t own them.” — Kristin Cast
2. “I take care of my flowers and my cats. And enjoy food. And that’s living.” — Ursula Andress
3. “How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven.” — Robert A. Heinlein
4. “What greater gift than the love of a cat?” — Charles Dickens
5. “Cats have it all — admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.” — Rod McKuen
6. “Cats will outsmart dogs every time.” — John Grogan
7. “My relationships with my cats has saved me from a deadly, pervasive ignorance.” — William S. Burroughs
8. “A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.” — Ernest Hemingway
9. “Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.” — James Herriot
10. “I regard cats as one of the great joys in the world. I see them as a gift of highest order.” — Trisha McCagh
Images: Linh Nguyen/Unsplash