There's really nothing like being a parent, and these National Parents' Day quotes confirm it. Jul. 23 is officially National Parents' Day, which means that you should be celebrating all of the parents in your life (including yourself, if you are one!) this Sunday. Not quite sure how to do that? Well these quotes should provide a great start.
These quotes come from fathers and mothers alike, and they all touch on how unique of an experience it is to be a parent. Parents mean the world to their children, and subsequently, they play a pivotal role in the development of their little ones, particularly during their formative years. That isn't an easy task, so if you're a mom or dad, give yourself one, long pat on the pack this Jul. 23. You deserve it.
If you feel like sharing the love, pair one of these thoughtful (or funny) quotes with a photo of your parents on Instagram or post a status update on your Facebook. Social media is a great way to spread the joy this National Parents' Day, so get involved by sharing one of these inspiring and beautiful parenting quotes with friends, family, and fellow parents.
1. "One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad." — Jim DeMint
2. "The one thing about being a parent is the ability to be selfless: To give up the things you want and need for the benefit of someone else." — Danny McBride
3. "Does any new parent, even if you're not a first-time parent, ever really know what to do?" — Robert Downey, Jr.
4. "Being a parent is the hardest job ever in life." — Nicole Ari Parker
5. "The depth of the love of parents for their children cannot be measured. It is like no other relationship. It exceeds concern for life itself. The love of a parent for a child is continuous and transcends heartbreak and disappointment." — James E. Faust
6. "If you're a good parent, see the changes that are happening in your kids." — Keith Emerson
7. "Having one child makes you a parent; having two, you are a referee." — David Frost
8. "All the time a person is a child he is both a child and learning to be a parent. After he becomes a parent he becomes predominantly a parent reliving childhood." — Benjamin Spock
9. "I became the kind of parent my mother was to me." — Maya Angelou
10. "I believe that a parent's role is to provide a path or opportunity for their children." — David Soul
11. "Everybody always tells you what an awesome and unique experience being a parent is. Words can never do the feeling justice." — Eric Church