If you're looking for a little inspiration to end the year with, then these New Year's Eve quotes about hope should get the job done. The prospect of a new year always brings about the chance for a new beginning, and 2017 is no exception. You can never give up hope, especially when a fresh start is right around the corner.
As far as I'm concerned, hope is what keeps the world going. After tragedy strikes — and 2016 has had a lot of that — you have to have hope for the future. When your dreams don't come true after your first, second, or third try, you cannot give up hope. And if you really don't know what to do about a major dilemma in your life... that's right, you still have to maintain your hope for good things to come.
Beginning a new year can be intimidating. It reminds us all that we're getting older, and that the clock never stops ticking. Keep your hopes high in 2017, no matter how distraught you might currently be feeling. And if you're already in high spirits, keep them going. These quotes about hope are here to assist you, so make sure that you read them, absorb them, share them, and most importantly, live them.
1. "Celebrate what you want to see more of." — Tom Peters
2. "Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love." — Bradley Whitford
3. "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. "Every time you tear a leaf off a calendar, you present a new place for new ideas and progress." — Charles Kettering
5. "Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people." — Tena Desae
6. "Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future." — Lewis B. Smedes
7. "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness." — Desmond Tutu
8. "I'm here to spread a message of hope. Follow your heart. Don't follow what you've been told you're supposed to do." — J. Cole
9. "Everything that is done in the world is done by hope." — Martin Luther
10. "Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, 'It will be happier.'" — Alfred Lord Tennyson
11. "Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us." — Samuel Smiles
Images: thr3 eyes/Unsplash; Giphy