Quotes About Cats For International Cat Day That Will Remind You Why Felines Are So Special
Need a reminder of why you love your cat so much? I can't imagine why, but if so, these quotes about cats for International Cat Day will do the trick. Cats are special creatures, and there really is no pet quite like a pet cat. They're soft, they're beautiful, and they're unique. I've never met two cats that have the same personality. Just like humans, every cat has its own.
So how can you celebrate International Cat Day? Sharing a pic of your precious kitty on social media is a great place to start. Pair your photo with one of these thoughtful cat quotes to finish up the job. As for celebrating with your kitty, get them a treat, or new toy. Think about it this way: your cat gives you joy everyday, the least you can do is get them something special once a year!
This Aug. 8, make your cat the center of your day. If you need to get in the spirit, then read through these quotes. P.J. O'Rourke, Jim Davis, Leonardo Da Vinci, and James Mason make up some of the names you'll find in the roundup below, but despite how different all of these quote authors are, they each have one thing in common: they're love for cats. Join the club, read the quotes, and celebrate your feline friends.
1. “If you want to write, keep cats.” — Aldous Huxley
2. “Cats possess so many of the same qualities as some people that it is often hard to tell the people and the cats apart.” — P.J. O'Rourke
3. “Time spent with a cat is never wasted.” — Colette
4. “Way down deep, we’re all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them.” — Jim Davis
5. “I used to love dogs until I discovered cats.” — Nafisa Joseph
6. “Cats know how to obtain food without labor, shelter without confinement, and love without penalties.” — Walter Lionel George
7. “Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time, for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect.” — James Mason
8. "Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want." — Joseph Wood Krutch
Images: Josh Couch/Unsplash