There are three words that almost anyone will take his or her wallet out for when they're spoken: Girl Scout cookies. 'Tis the season for these yummy snacks, and to help celebrate that fact I've rounded up ten quotes about Girl Scout cookies that are super relatable for women from all walks of life. These quotes cover tons of ground, from the cookies themselves, to the Girl Scouts organization, to the magic of baked goods. If you haven't placed an order for some Girl Scout cookies yet this year, these quotes are certainly going to make you want to do so soon... and in bulk.
Whether you were the one selling cookies in your childhood or whether you are the one eating cookies now (or both!), these ten quotes should strike some chords with you. The Girl Scouts is one of America's first female empowerment organizations that focuses in on girls specifically, and that, my friends, is a wonderful thing.
Support the Girl Scouts this year by buying some cookies (it's such an easy thing to do, right?). Not only will you be helping to empower young women across the country, but you'll be satisfying that deep-seated craving that only Girl Scout cookies can appease.
1. "God never slams a door in your face without opening a box of Girl Scout cookies." — Elizabeth Gilbert
2. "Being in the Girl Scouts took me out of the projects environment and showed me different things." — Loni Love
3. "Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap." — Barbara Jordan
4. "Girl Scouts is such an iconic organization that it's easy to overlook how daring an idea it was for founder Juliette Gordon Low to gather those first 18 girls in that troop in Savannah, Georgia. It was 1912, after all, and women wouldn't earn the right to vote for another eight years." — Anna Maria Chavez
5. "I love traveling around and talking to women in groups like the Girl Scouts, and being able to work with them is such an honor. For me, it's always about working really hard and being able to help other people." — Katherine Schwarzenegger
6. "The pleasure lies not in the cookies, but in the pattern the crumbs make when the cookies crumble." — Michael Korda
7. "The Girl Scouts is an organization that constantly gives you new goals to achieve and that's what life is all about." — Maria Bartiromo
8. "Sometimes when I speak to groups or I'm interviewed by a journalist, I ask them to imagine their communities without Girl Scouts — to imagine the thousands of food drives and clothing and toy collections that would never take place if not for Girl Scouts." — Anna Maria Chavez
9. "I wrote 'Fight Song' as this declaration to believe in myself, and that is similar to what you are taught to believe in Girl Scouts. Building confidence. Building character. And above all else, being there for each other as a community." — Rachel Platten
10. "At Girl Scouts, we create leaders." — Anna Maria Chavez