Not sure what to write in your mom's Mother's Day card? How about one of these 13 quotes about moms for Mother's Day? Each one of these thoughtful quotes will have your mother feeling like a million bucks, and better yet, they're all as sincere as can be. Don't be a cheeseball this Mother's day... be authentic, and these quotes will help you do just that.
Moms aren't perfect, but neither are kids. Considering how much a woman has to sacrifice to raise a child, I think that just about every mother deserves a standing ovation. Mother's Day is the perfect day to give your mother exactly that. Whether it be through a card, a gift, a hug, or a quote, just so long as you make sure your mother knows how much you mean to her.
Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, George Eliot, and Harriet Beecher Stowe are just some of the famous names you'll find below authoring these quotes. These words of wisdom are clearly spoken from a place of love and understanding, and they may just bring your mom to tears (in a good way) if you share them with her. Go on, make your mother's day... it is Mother's Day after all.
1. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” — George Eliot
2. “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” — Mitch Albom
3. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” — Abraham Lincoln
4. “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” — Washington Irving
5. “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” — Jane Sellman
6. “Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
7. “Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.” — Erich Fromm
8. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” — Jodi Picoult
9. “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” — George Washington
10. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” — Victor Hugo
11. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” — Dorothy Canfield Fisher
12. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” — Maya Angelou
13. “If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother.” — Booker T. Washington