Spring has arrived at last, and if there's one thing that the spring season is symbolic of, it's renewal. To help you say goodbye to the coldest season of the year, I've rounded up quotes about renewal to celebrate the end of winter. As far as I'm concerned, winter for spring is a pretty sweet tradeoff.
While spring physically embodies a renewal of nature, landscape, and the Earth, it can also be applicable to us humans. I've always found the seasons to be so beautiful not only because of their aesthetic qualities, but because they remind me that just like how every seasonal winter comes to an end, so will every emotional winter. And on that same note, just as the flowers always seems to bloom come the spring, there is always goodness awaiting you in your future. Simply put, renewal isn't only for the trees, the bushes, and the flowers... it's for humans as well!
So now that spring is finally upon us, hopefully it will help to insert some positivity into your life. These quotes about renewal will certainly be able to do that, and in the divided country that we're living in today, it seems that they couldn't come at a more needed time.
1. "To cherish what remains of the Earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival." — Wendell Berry
2. "We don't even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. In times of tragedy, of war, of necessity, people do amazing things. The human capacity for survival and renewal is awesome." — Isabel Allende
3. “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. "If there are flaws they are in ourselves, and our task therefore must be one not of redesign but of renewal and reaffirmation, especially of the standards in which all of us believe." — Elliot Richardson
5. “I can hardly wait for tomorrow, it means a new life for me each and every day.” — Stanley Kunitz
6. "Change and renewal are themes in life, aren't they? We keep growing throughout life." — Susan Minotuotes
7. “Renewal requires opening yourself up to new ways of thinking and feeling.” — Deborah Day
8. "I really think that's the key, part of the spiritual renewal that America needs to have, the notion that we really can have confidence in a better tomorrow." — Carol Moseley Braun
9. “Seek renewal of mind.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
10. "Vines will be planted, corn will spring up, a whole growth of new crops; and people will still fall in love in vintages and harvests yet to come. Life is eternal; it is a perpetual renewal of birth and growth." — Emile Zola
11. “If you want a new tomorrow, then make new choices today.” — Tim Fargo
12. "A change in external circumstances without inner renewal is a materialist's illusion, as though man were only a product of his social circumstance and nothing else." — Jurgen Moltmann
13. "But you knew there would always be the spring, as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason." — Ernest Hemingway