Sisters can be each other's best friends or worst enemies, depending on the day. However, as these quotes about sisters for National Sibling Day help demonstrate, no matter how much two sisters may argue, they are always better together. No one gets you quite like a sister will, and for that reason, there's almost nothing that two sisters can't conquer when they put their minds to it.
If you're an older sister, you wouldn't let a soul hurt your little sister, and if you're a little sister, your older sister is pretty much the coolest person to ever live. OK, so maybe all sister relationships don't exactly function that way, but there is an undeniable bond between every set of sisters. No matter how competitive you and your sis may be, there's no denying the fact that she'll be your support system if you need her to be. As one of these thoughtful quotes points out, the sister relationship is often the most complex, but it is also the strongest of all relationships.
Take some time to read through these sister inspired quotes this National Sibling Day and share your favorite with your sister. Whether it be through a text, a card, or a Facebook wall posting, there's plenty of love to go around, so don't be the one to stop its flow.
1. "Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship." — Margaret Mead
2. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” — Carol Saline
3. "Lord help the mister that comes between me and my sister..." — Irving Berlin
4. “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves — a special kind of double.” — Toni Morrison
5. “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.” — Cali Rae Turner
6. “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” — Charlotte Gray
7. “My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder who’s memories belong to whom.” — Shannon Celebi
8. "Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow." — Benjamin Disraeli
9. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” — Amy Li
10. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister?” — Alice Walker
11 “A sister is both your mirror — and your opposite.” — Elizabeth Fishel
12. “A sister smiles when one tells one’s stories — for she knows where the decoration has been added.” — Chris Montaigne
13. "How do people make it through life without a sister?" — Sara Corpening