Quotes About Sisters For National Sisters Day 2017 That Will Make For Perfect Instagram Captions
Got a sister? Then these quotes about sisters for National Sisters Day 2017 will be a huge help to you. Whether you're needing to get in the spirit of National Sisters Day, or whether you just want a great quote to post in an Instagram caption dedicated to your sis, this roundup of quotes has got you covered.
While it's not as popular as Father's Day or Mother's Day, National Sisters Day is still celebrating somebody just as important as your father and mother. Sisters can be extremely annoying, but they can also be the most loving and entertaining people you'll ever meet. Funny how that works. If you've got a sister, then you know what I'm talking about. Nobody's perfect, including sisters, but they do get pretty close sometimes.
These quotes help to define a sister relationship in all of its contradictions. While the authors of these words each have a different viewpoint to offer, there's a common thread running through every quote in the roundup below: there's nobody like a sister.
Even if your sis is annoying you to death today, take a moment to let her know you love her. If she's being amazing, all the more reason to celebrate her existence.
1. "How the hell do you sum up your sister in three minutes? She’s your twin and your polar opposite. She’s your constant companion and your competition. She’s your best friend and the biggest bitch in the world. She’s everything you wish you could be and everything you wish you weren’t.” — M. Molly Backes
2. “A sister is both your mirror — and your opposite.” — Elizabeth Fishel
3. "A sister smiles when one tells one’s stories — for she knows where the decoration has been added.” — Chris Montaigne
4. "A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” — Isadora James
5. “There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me.” — Mary Montagu
6. “Sisterly love is, of all sentiments, the most abstract. Nature does not grant it any functions.” — Ugo Betti
7. “My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder who’s memories belong to whom.” — Shannon Celebi
8. “My sister taught me everythingI really need to know, and she was only in sixth grade at the time.” — Linda Sunshine
9. “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.” — Linda Sunshine
10. “What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?” — James DeVries
Images: Aidan Meyer/Unsplash