Aug. 6 is National Friendship Day, so make sure you let all of your friends know just how much you love and appreciate them. If you need some help doing that (maybe in an Instagram post caption?), these National Friendship Day quotes can be of assistance. With quotes from Orson Welles and Helen Keller to Jim Morrison and Muhammad Ali, each statement manages to describe friendship in its own unique and memorable way.
At times, life gets tough, and without friends, it can even feel unbearable. Humans are made to have community and friendship with other humans, and while making a friend can be a lot of work, the payoff is priceless. Be it at work, school, online, or in your neighborhood, having friends makes every day brighter, and National Friendship Day affords you the opportunity to tell your besties how much you really care.
Whether it's through a card, a text, or a social media shoutout, these National Friendship Day quotes are perfect for sharing with people who make your life so much more worth living, including old friends and new friends alike. Help spread the love this Aug. 6 to the people in your world who truly deserve it.
1. "The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it." — Hubert H. Humphrey
2. "We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone." — Orson Welles
3. "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light." — Helen Keller
4. "A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself." — Jim Morrison
5. "A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success!" — Doug Larson
6. "There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met." — William Butler Yeats
7. "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." — Albert Camus
8. "Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything." — Muhammad Ali
9. "Friendship is the shadow of the evening, which increases with the setting sun of life." — Jean de La Fontaine
10. "The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend." — Henry David Thoreau
11. "A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably." — William Penn