Oh pizza, you make life worth living. OK, maybe that was a tad melodramatic (or was it?), but, as the authors of these quotes for National Pizza Day on Feb. 9 can attest to, there's just something about pizza that makes everybody feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. It's basically the number one comfort food, and as far as I'm concerned, that is something to cherish.
From Channing Tatum to America Ferrera to Nick Jonas, you'll find some awfully familiar names in this list of memorable quotes for National Pizza Day. You know why? Because pizza provides some common ground for just about everybody in the USA.
Order a pizza for dinner tonight. In fact, order a few and have some friends over to celebrate the occasion. National Pizza Day is basically a dream come true, so why wouldn't you want to make the most of it? Whether you're a pepperoni and olive girl, a pineapple and ham type of lady, or prefer to skip the toppings all together, today is for you (and your pizza). Indulge.
1. "Pizza makes me think that anything is possible." — Henry Rollins
2. "I can completely lose myself into just absolutely satisfying things — a really amazing cheeseburger, a pizza, good fries, a beer. I enjoy being comfortable and eating whatever the hell I like. It's a big thing for me, just having the freedom to be able to do that." — Channing Tatum
3. "Believe it or not, my best meal is to go to the store and buy a DiGiorno pizza, come home, add some fresh Parmesan cheese, and just hang with my family!" — Cheyenne Jackson
4. "If my writing comes to a halt, I head to the shops: I find them very inspirational. And if I get into real trouble with my plot, I go out for a pizza with my husband." —Sophie Kinsella
5. "I just want to be in my sweats, walk my dog, watch TV and eat pizza." — America Ferrera
6. "No one could have prepared for me BBQ on pizza. I mean, both are great. But together? It was incredible." — Pau Gasol
7. "I think of dieting, then I eat pizza." — Lara Stone
8. "I love pizza; you can't really go wrong with pizza." — Nick Jonas
9. "You can do irrefutably impossible things with the right amount of planning and support from intelligent and hardworking people and pizza." — Scott M. Gimple
10. "I think one of my favorite things to do is just lock myself up in a small room and listen to music and watch films for a day. Also I just like seeing my friends. We have pizza parties which means I get four friends round, we eat a pizza and we’re really lazy and we play PlayStation." — Daniel Radcliffe
11. "There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap." — Kevin James
12. "The perfect lover is one who turns into a pizza at 4:00 a.m." — Charles Pierce
13. "I always treat myself to one meal on Sundays when I can have whatever I want. Usually it's pizza, which is my favorite indulgence." — Beyoncé Knowles
14. "I’m a huge pasta and pizza lover. I can eat those every single day." — Shay Mitchell