If you're ever in need of some instant joy, playing with a puppy is the perfect solution. And, the authors of these quotes for National Puppy Day (Mar. 23) clearly agree. For those of you who have puppies in your life, you know just how much happiness they are capable of bringing into the world. For those of you who don't have any puppies in your life, these 11 quotes are going to make you want to change that fact.
There's no denying that taking care of a puppy is hard work, but like many good things in life, it's worth the effort. From throwing a ball at the park during a game of fetch to snuggling up on the couch in front of the T.V., it's hard to think of any situation that a puppy can't make better. If you can't own your own puppy, but still want to have one in your life, you can consider volunteering at a local shelter. It's the next best thing.
Take some time today to give some extra special love and attention to any puppies that are in your life (whether your own or your friends'). No puppy stays a puppy forever, so soak up the adorableness while you can.
1. "Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies." — Gene Hill
2. "Puppies are nature's remedy for feeling unloved, plus numerous other ailments of life." — Richard Allan Palm
3. "Put a puppy in your picture, and it will make it 20 times better." — Lucky Blue Smith
4. "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." — Bern Williams
5. “Puppies are constantly inventing new ways to be bad. It's fascinating. You come into a room they've been in and see pieces of debris and try to figure out what you had that was made from wicker or what had been stuffed with fluff.” — Julie Klam
6. "A puppy plays with every pup he meets, but an old dog has few associates." — Josh Billings
7. "People have been asking me if I was going to have kids, and I had puppies instead." — Kate Jackson
8. "The biggest dog has been a pup." — Joaquin Miller
9. "'I'm not alone,' said the boy. 'I've got a puppy.'” — Jane Thayer
10. "A puppy is but a dog, plus high spirits, and minus common sense." — Agnes Repplier
11. "Of all the things I miss from veterinary practice, puppy breath is one of the most fond memories!" — Dr. Tom Cat